Chapter 1 (News)

Jade's POV
  I had everything.

  I had a loving family, kind and fun friends, handsome and smart boyfriend, undeniable popularity, awesome teachers, outstanding performance in everything.

  But everything changed with just one news.

  It was a normal day with hot weather and blinding sunlight. I was dropped off at school and greeted by Christian, my boyfriend.

  "Hey, babe," he said as he kissed my cheek and entered the school together. Just like every other day, everyone who saw us walking down the hallway either smiled at us or waved at us. To be honest, I despised the attention but I got used to it already.

  I wasn't the popular one when I just got here. I was the nerd that everyone ignored. Until I met Christian.

  He was the one to help me with everything. I met him in a study group one day and both of us sorta clicked in. Eventually, we became best friends. Then, he asked me out and we started dating. It's been a year. Throughout the last year, I changed my looks, surprising everyone because I used to look, well, average.

  Christian and I walked to the oval hand in hand. We met up with our friends under the biggest tree in the oval. The tree where everything started, where I met Christian, where I had my first kiss, and where I met my current best friends.

  "Jade!" Tasnia yelled as she pulled me away from Christian to the others. Well, there's Tasnia, Troy, Larah, Clover, Jaydon, and Daniel. All of us are best friends, not to mention the popular ones. Tasnia and Troy are siblings, Larah and Jaydon are a couple while Clover, Daniel and Christian are cousins. Yes, I know. Lots of connections.

  "Soooo, how's things with Christian?" Larah asked me with a mischievous tone. She wiggled her eyebrows. I chuckled at her silly attitude and rolled my eyes at her.

  "Great," I simply replied. She frowned and whined, "Aww, come on Jade, details! I want details!"

  The whole group overheard her and laughed. Christian came to me and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer. The others kept whining in awe and I blushed hard. I pulled away from him and sat down on the grass beside Daniel. I hate it when he makes me blush. It's so embarrassing.

  "What's wrong, Jade? Must you pull away at our most intimate closeness?" Christian sat down and asked me with a smirk. He leaned in closer until our lips are almost touching. I stared up into his deep blue eyes. When he started to lean even closer, I pulled away chuckling at his move.

  "Just one peck, babe," he whined and puckered out his lips. I sighed in defeat and gave him a peck. However, Christian had different plans. When our lips touched, he instantly placed his hand on my back and deepen the kiss. I smiled into the kiss as he did the same.

  Suddenly, memories of my family and my conversation this morning invaded my mind, causing a single drop of tear to fall.