~Chapter 24~

After Minhyuk's silhouette has disappeared, I entered the house and to my displease, Jackson was sitting on the couch in the living room in silence.

  Ignoring him, I started to walk up the stairs before he said, "Come here".

  Jade: What?

  Jackson: Come here.

  Jade: Just spit it.

  Jackson: Come. Here.

  Dragging my feet there, I threw my bag on one of the couches and plopped down. I gave him a stare and hopefully my "make-it-fast" message passed through to him.

  Jackson: I know you're upset with my relationship with Rachel...

  Jade: Pissed.

  Jackson: I can tell that you're angry about me keeping it away from           you...

  Jade: Furious.

  Jackson: LET ME FINISH.

  Jade: Make it quick. I have better things to attend to.

  Jackson: All I wanted was to apologise.

  Jade: So you were just gonna mutter a pathetic sorry and go back to smooching with that devil bitch face?

  Jackson: Stop insulting her.

  Jade: Right, so she gets to call me a slut but I can't fucking insult her?

  Jackson: She never called you a slut!

  Jade: Well not everyone's as stupid as you to believe their girlfriend instead of their blood-related sister.

  Jackson: Why can't you just be happy for me?

  Jade: I'll be happy for you once you rid of that two-faced devil.

  Jackson: Whatever. I guess your pride is more important than your own brother's happiness.

  Jade: Sure.

  With that, I slammed the door of my room, not knowing that it was the last time I talked to him.

~ Next morning ~

Students were already whispering about Minhyuk's leave during lunch even though they didn't know the reason. Most of them assumed that he was simply moving back.

I guess he has his reasons of keeping his traineeship a secret and I wish him all the best once he returns to his company.

Because that was really the last time I saw him.

Mark: So we gonna plan Tas' birthday thing or not? I might have night shifts.

Jade: Night shifts? When did you start working?

Mark: Since I was bored.

Jade: Wow at least someone has their life together.

Mark: Jade, you have me in your life. That's good enough.

Surprised by his weird behaviour, I grabbed his cheeks and squished his cheeks while scanning his face.

Mark: What the? I know I'm handsome but you don't need to be so close...

Still weirded out by him, I released his cheeks before deciding to simply stare at him.

Jade: Did you swap souls with Jackson?

Mark: Nope, just deeply in love with you.

Okay. Nah. I'm not dealing with this now.

So yes. I sorta just ran.

Mark: Jade.

I swear I was running. How is he so fast?

Mark: Jade! I was just joking!

Jade: You better be.

I turned around to face him while walking backwards and just pouted at him getting all giggly as he continued joking around.

???: Aishh WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.

Rotating 180°, I instantly bowed down and apologised to the person I bumped into.

Ahh that's not it. Let me rephrase that.

Rotating 180°, I can't believe I bowed down and apologised to the one and only fake ass bitch that my brother decided to date.

Jackson: You ok babe?

Jade: Hope I didn't break your girlfriend's back.

Jackson: Really? Not even a sincere sorry?

Guess he's not my brother anymore.

I scoffed as I leave the scene, still hearing Jackson asking Rachel if she was alright as if I was a human truck who might as well have killed her.

Mark: Have you not talk to your brother about this?

Jade: I did but-

"BABE~!"

Right. I almost forgot about Jessica and Hannah...

As if out of thin air, Jessica had her arm clinged to Mark's and proceed with dragging him away to who knows where.

Hannah gave me a dirty look and told me to stay away from Mark if I don't want to get on her bad side.

Pffft tell that to your friend's boyfriend.

"We need to talk."