Chapter 10 (Surprise)

Back with an update😉
____________________________________________________________________________

Just when I thought we could have some silence, my phone went off. I didn't want to answer it. At that moment, I only needed Mark beside me.
  Mark: Aren't you gonna answer it? It might be urgent.
  I shook my head and ignored my phone. It was probably Jackson. Buuuuuuut.... IT JUST WOULDN'T STOP RINGING!!! I got frustrated so I answered it without checking the caller ID. Damn you, Jackson.
  Jade: What the hell?!?! *angrily*
  I couldn't control my anger. I heard Mark chuckle a little, hearing me this angry, but it wasn't the first time anyway.
  ???: Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?!
  The caller replied angrily. Shoot.... I'm in so much trouble. Darnnnnnnnnn it...... I immediately pulled away from Mark, causing a confused and hurt look from him. How could I be so stupid and careless?
  ???: I called you for the past five minutes. What were you doing? Do you know how worried I was?
  Suddenly, Mark looked at me questioningly and asked, "Who's that?" Instinctively, I shut his mouth with my hand, praying that Christian did not hear that.
  Jade: I'm sorry, I got distracted. Hey, can I call you later? I still got some stuff to do...
  The other side of the phone was quiet but the scene in front of me was chaotic. Mark was trying his best to push my hand away. He slapped my hand, tried biting it, shook his head vigorously, nodded his head vigorously, keep whining, tried screaming... Nothing worked. Until I felt a moist and warm thing moving, or rather touching, my palm. As if I was burnt, I quickly retreated my hand and wiped it on his clothes violently, completely unaware about someone on the other side, watching us.
  Jade: What the hell was that?!?!?!? You disgusting creature!!!
  But Mark just bursted out laughing. Slowly, I gave in and started laughing along. Why is his laugh so contagious...? Then, I remembered. Not again....
  Jade: Ummm....Christian? Babe?
  Nothing.
  Jade: Christian, are you still there?
  Still nothing.
  Jade: Christyyyy?
  I said, knowing that the name has a huge affect on him.
  Christian: Shut up.
  Jade: Look, I'm sorry. I forgot. I just met my friend again and I was just hanging out with him.
  Christian: Him? You mean, at the park? Where both of you were hugging and cuddling together?
  What the what...? How on Earth did he know? Unless...
  I turned around, only to be met by a tall guy wearing a black snapback and a pair of sunglasses. Although I couldn't see his eyes, his facial expression said it all. He looked disappointed and angry. But most of all, there was sadness and jealousy. I was shocked to see him there. I froze. He was there. Right in front of me.
  Jade: C-Christian? What are you doing here?
  He took off his sunglasses and looked at me angrily. I know he had every right to be mad at me hugging Mark but he should know better than to accuse me of cheating if I only hugged my best friend. I stood up and Mark followed. My eyes never left Christian's. I didn't want him to have the wrong idea of Mark and I.
  When his eyes soften, I felt relieved. At least he understood. I guess I just have to explain the whole story to him later. I reached for his arm and gently slid my hand to intertwine it with his hand.
  Christian: You know... I came here because I was desperate to see you. Tasnia's moving here so I came with her.
  I looked up at him with excitement. But he was missing one thing. He didn't say how long he was going to stay or when he was leaving. That's odd. Is he moving here too?
  Christian: But I don't see any reason for me to stay anymore.
  He pulled his hand and turned to walk away. Ughh, why can't he understand? I ran after him while yelling out his name but Mark stopped me.
  Jade: WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!?
  I tried my best to remove my hand from his grip but he just tightened it. I looked at him with pleading eyes as I watched Christian's silhouette fade away.
  Mark: He's not worth it! If he really trusts you, he wouldn't have left!
  Jade: You don't know him.
  That was all it took for him to let me go. Without wasting any second, I ran after Christian. He couldn't have gone far. I just pray that I can find him.