~Chapter 21~

Despite the rather rude noise that just came from Ilhoon's room, Mark's eyes were still fixed on mine. He was hesitating. I just returned the stare as I impatiently waited for him while I was tapping my foot furiously. Oh how my patience is wearing out when his mouth was trying to form words.

  Jade: I really gotta go. I got practice with Minhyuk.

  At my statement, his eyebrows furrowed and gripped my arm tighter. Geez, first Jackson, now him? I don't see what's wrong with hanging out with Minhyuk. Until he finally spoke up.

  Mark: Let's go to the amusement park for Tasnia's birthday.

  Jade: Sure, I'll text you guys about the details after I ask Tasnia. I should really get going now.

  He reluctantly let go as I rushed to the door and left without another word. Damn, that felt intense. I went to the dance studio and to my luck, the last studio was available. Although I should be practising my vocals as a lead singer, I have a slight passion for dancing.

  I put on random music and started dancing to it. Oh, and yes, I did lie about practising with Minhyuk. That was just to have an excuse for leaving. However, my excuse wasn't that far from truth.

  After the fourth song, I heard someone clapping and realised that it was Minhyuk. He came up to me with a big smile and threw me a towel from the cupboards.

  Minhyuk: Looks like the squirrel has improved. As your beloved hamster, I shall treat you to dinner tonight.

  Jade: Really? Ahh you're the best!!

  Minhyuk: I know.

  He went to play a song and started dancing to it. Moving along to the rhythm, I danced along and we soon found ourselves lying on the ground with heavy pants after three songs.

  Minhyuk: Just like old times.

  Jade: So, how are the kids doing? Gosh, I miss them so much.

  Minhyuk: Good news for you. Angela and Yvonne got adopted into a loving family. They're cousins now.

  Then his face turned gloomy. He looked at me with a sad expression and let out a deep sigh.

  Minhyuk: JJ passed away a few months after you left. He was in the last stage of cancer and he didn't want to undergo treatment. He said he wanted to die without surgeries or treatment. We didn't tell you because we didn't want you to worry. I'm sorry, Jade.

  Tears were rolling down by the time he finished. JJ was the brightest kid I ever met. We would use to go for walks and eat ice cream together along with Minhyuk. It must have been hard for him as well. They were inseparable back then. Minhyuk ever told me that he wanted to take care of him when he settles down, but then this happened. He must have been heartbroken.

  I sat up and engulfed him in a hug as he cried on my shoulders. He loved him so much that others always see them as father and son. I've never seen him smile as bright when I saw him again. It must have been traumatising and depressing for him to go through this.

  When he pulled away, I wiped his tears and comforted him. He was always so cheerful. It's hurtful to see him like this.

  Jade: Hey, tell you what? I'm sure JJ is watching you right now and he's really touched that you love him that much. He'll always be with us, Minhyuk. Right here.

  I placed my palm on his heart and gave him a smile. We left the studio and went to the nearest restaurant. He soon regained he usual mood and started chatting with me. It was his way of getting over negative feelings. So I let him be and went along with him.