Chapter 2 (Sorry)

(Flashback to this morning)
  Mum: Jade! Jacks! Come down!

  I was combing my hair just in time for school. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs to the kitchen where my mum was.

  Jade: Morning mum! Morning Jacks!

  I sat down beside Jackson, my older brother and ate a piece of toast. My mum had a grief expression and I wondered what was up with her. Everything seems off. Jackson was being super quiet, unlike his usual self, when he was hyper and excited for everything.

  Jade: Umm, is everything ok?

  Jackson sighed and turned to look at me with a solemn expression.

  Jackson: We're moving.

  I frozed. This couldn't be happening. It's only the beginning of my last year at high school. I can't just...leave.

  Jade: When?

  Mum: In 2 months. We're leaving to LA because I've been transfered to their headquarters to become their head nurse. I must go, Jade. And I'm definitely not leaving both of you here. Alone.

  I sighed in defeat. There was nothing I can do. Moving is scary. Especially all across the world. That means I have to leave everything behind. My school, my friends, my home, my graduation...

  And Christian.
__________________________________

  Christian pulled away to wipe my tear. He was worried and curious aboit why I cried. I didn't know if I should tell him. Yet. I won't even be able to attend homecoming and I'm leaving the day after Christian's birthday. How can I tell him? He looked so oblivious to everything that's going to happen.

  I forced a smile and stood up.

  Jade: Can I talk to you for a while? Alone?

  Just as he was going to nod, the bell rang.

  Christian: I'll see you later.

  He pecked my lips and went to class.

  What will he do when he knows about it? Will this be the end of our relationship?