~Chapter 17~

New update! The story will be continuing but I will have to post the chapters slower since school is starting...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jade's POV
As I walked and walked, the sky got darker and darker. Great job, Jade! You are officially lost in the middle of nowhere. Why was I so stupid to leave alone? When I was going to make a right turn, I bumped straight into a very cold and hard pole. Nope, it wasn't a somebody. It was an actual fucking pole.

I placed my hand over my head as I continued walking. I was alone on the street. My phone was dead and my legs were getting wobbly. How can this part of the country be so quiet? Despite the situation, I kept walking until I saw a bench right under a street light. Great. Just great. Giving up on getting home with my bad sense of direction, I sat on the bench and just hoped that someone will find me soon.

Ilhoon's POV
Once I got my drink, I bolted to my bedroom to avoid any questions. Unfortunately, Mark was waiting by my door. I mentally groaned and sat myself on one of the couches in the living room, knowing that I won't be able to even go near my bedroom door if I don't agree to their thingy.

Jackson: So technically, you're gonna be our music composer and sort of manage the band. I don't think it's a big deal for you. Just keep the band together and compose some great music and we're good.

So what? Am I like, the manager of the group now? Well then, shall I use my "title" for a good cause?

Ilhoon: So I'm the manager of the group?

Tasnia: Pretty much.

Ilhoon: Like right now?

Namjoon: Just agree to join our band and you'll get that title.

Ilhoon: I agree.

The others cheered back and forth. Damn, they're loud. But I still have one thing to say as their "manager".

Ilhoon: Then as the band's manager, I will invite another girl to replace Jade's role as the lead female singer.

Mark: You can't do that.

He looked at me with disapprove. Well I am the manager so I have the right to "fire" Jade, right? What was that look for? It's not like there isn't another girl that can sing better than her.

Ilhoon: Why not? There are better singers than her at school. We need to have the best of the best. This isn't a friendship thing. No, this is competition. Do you know that being the band of school will include schedules after schedules of not only rehearsals but also performances? We clearly need to find a better singer than her.

Jackson: Have you ever heard her sing? If not, then at least hear her out first.

Mark: That's not gonna happen. You see, this band is created for Jade. This, is her dream. Not something for you to toy with. If you ever bring this up again, she won't be the one leaving.

Ilhoon: Great. Then leave me out of this.

Just another way for me to get out of this. Let it be me or her leaving. I walked off and slammed my door. It hasn't even been 24 hours since I met her and things already got complicated.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, something popped up in my mind. Didn't Jackson carry Jade all the way here? I looked at the clock and it read 7.37pm. Has it been that long? It felt like minutes with the things happening. The sky's already dark outside. A sudden pang of worry hit me so I quickly turned on my phone to call her. Oh, I don't have it....

I ran outside the door to look for her. But just as I stepped out of my room, I saw them still sitting there discussing about the band thing. They must be crazy. How can the band still progress when their lead female singer is missing?

Ilhoon: YAH! CAN SOMEONE CALL JADE?!?!

They looked shock by my sudden outburst. But after a while, Jackson's eyes widened as he started to dial Jade's number. After multiple tries, she still didn't pick up. Where could she be? Without thinking twice, I rushed out to find her. From street to street, I was only greeted by darkness and silence. Where are you, Jade?

Mark's POV
When I realised that Jade was missing, I panicked. I saw Ilhoon ran out so I went out to look for her too. Jackson was calling his mum to see if she was home yet. Probably not. She has the worst sense of direction. Given that she didn't even know the way here, she most probably wouldn't know the way back. Why was I so stupid to not notice? Please be alright, Jade.

Jade's POV
I wonder if the others even realise that I was missing. Maybe. They must be so engrossed in whatever they're talking right now. I decided to sleep here for tonight so I lay down on the cold wooden bench. Before I closed my eyes, a familiar figure appeared in front of me.

???: Jade?