~Chapter 15~

Hellooo.. From now on, there won't be any subheadings like "Bad Start" or "Too Much"👍 And brace yourselves cuz this is gonna be a long chapter to make up for the following weeks as school will be starting! I'll try to update as much as I can! Thxx
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jade's POV
  This day has been tiring... Man, it's only my first day! I miss Australia...

  ???: Jade! Wanna join us?

  I turned to see Mark and Jackson with Tasnia and Namjoon. Even just a look at Mark makes me lose my mood. Should I really join them? Well, my question was answered when two girls entered my sight. One of the girls was the one that Mark kissed. She had black shoulder-length hair, brown eyes, bright red lips, long eyelashes, and slight tan skin. On the other hand, the other girl has rather light skin, black eyes, waist-long black hair and a really tall figure.

  The girl with tanner skin walked up to Mark and smashed her lips onto his without a warning. It was obvious that he was shocked but not long after, he kissed her back. The scene disgusted me as I rolled my eyes and started walking away.

  However, the other girl blocked my path, firmly placed her hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face Mark and the girl. Unfortunately, they were still making out, but in a weird position. Mark didn't seem comfortable for a second. It must have just been my own imagination. The girl had one hand on his nape while the other pulling his shirt to deepen the kiss while Mark's hands were placed on her waist.

  Suddenly, someone whispered in my ear.

  ???: Don't Mark and Jessica look so sweet? I guess Mark REALLY likes her.

  She emphasised the word "really" and patted my shoulders. After what seemed like a year, the two finally broke away from the kiss. I didn't know how the others reacted since I was too busy glaring at them. After they stopped, I just scoff and walked away. Not a single tear dropped. I wasn't upset. I was simply disgusted. I didn't want to believe that my best friend turned into someone who said I love you to someone but make out with another girl in 24 hours.

  ???: JADE, WAIT UP!

  Jackson yelled while running up to me. I stopped in my tracks and stayed there. I must have walked really fast since he was panting.

  Jackson: Forget about them, Jade. It's nothing. Just come with us. It'll be fun!

  Haih...what should I do with this brother of mine? Can't he see that I was tired as hell? How could he be so cheerful after that disgusting moment. I ignored him and continued walking. While I was walking, my feet slowly got off the ground. Panicking, I constantly screamed and kicked my legs in the air. When I gave up, I realised that someone slung me over their shoulder. I looked down and saw his shoes. It was the shoe my father got me and Jackson for our 18th birthday. Jackson was only a few minutes older than me. It had both our initials printed on the back of our black sneakers. His har blue strips on the side while I had red. That was when it all made sense.

  Jade: YAH! PUT ME DOWN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!

  Jackson: Here we go again.

  Not long after, he put me down and gave a small smile to me. I straightened my clothes and glared and him. I turned around to stomp off but instead, someone's face appeared right in front of mine. My eyes widened as I realised that it was Ilhoon. He simply stared back at me with those brown eyes of his. Out of the sudden, his eyes slightly wander somewhere else as he started to lean in. I wanted to move away but my body didn't even move a muscle. Thankfully, he stepped away and I let out a silent sigh that I was holding in.

  Jade: Umm.. Jacks.. Where are we?

  Jackson: Mark's house. Where else?

  Right, they were cousins. But how did I end up facing Ilhoon? My face started to heat up as I walked toward Jackson. That was when I saw Tasnia and Jackson wiggling eyebrows at me. Mark and Jessica was expressionless while the other girl scoffed at me. Mark cleared his throat and faced me while he started talking.

  Mark: Jade, this is Jessica. My girlfriend. And that is Hannah, her friend.

    As hard as it is, I forced a smile and put my hand out to Jessica, gesturing for a handshake. But she just looked at me disgustingly and pulled Mark away with her to somewhere in the house. Hannah just sat there, drinking something while Tasnia, Namjoon, and Jackson were talking happily. Why did he bring me here in the first place if I'm gonna be left alone?

  I shrugged and walked around the house. It was huge. When I reached the kitchen, I saw Jessica flirting with Mark. He didn't look happy but oh well. His problem. And that was when it happen that cleared all my thoughts. Mark pulled her closer by her hips and kissed her hard. How could I be so stupid to think that I actually still love him?

  Just then, someone pulled me away into a huge room and closed the door. Having no care of who it was, I let out my tears that I have been keeping in since the minute I saw them kiss at school. I leaned against the wall and covered my face with both of my hands. Feeling weak, I slid down until I hit the ground. The pain was nothing compared to the ache in my heart now. I guess it hurts knowing that the Mark I know now is nothing like the young boy I knew back then.

  As I cried, I felt a presence beside me. I was then pulled into a warm embrace. I pulled away to see who it was. Once I noticed Ilhoon's worried face, he immediately pulled me back into his embrace. His hand went to gently pat my hair as I cried on his shoulder for the second time.

  Jade: Help me forget about him. Please...

  I begged him to do something to ease the pain. But he stayed still and just told me to cry it all out. But I chose not to. I've cried enough for one guy, I'm not repeating it. I pulled away from Ilhoon and wiped my tears dry. When he saw me, he looked away and laughed. As he continued laughing, I followed as I saw how I looked in the mirror. Damn, I was a mess. I don't put makeup but my eyes are really red and they looked swollen. My face was also bright red. It was the first time I saw him smile genuinely, let alone laugh. This made me stare at him with my head tilted to the side. His laughter died down while looking at me as if I was crazy. I continued looking at him as the silence became stronger. Then, he looked away while scratching his nape. I just placed my palm under my chin and stared at him.

  Jade: You should smile more.

  His eyes widened for a second before returning to a poker face. Dude, are you bipolar or something? The next thing I knew, I was out the door as it slammed in front of me. Geez... What's wrong with him?

Ilhoon's POV
  STUPID STUPID STUPID! What was that?! I should really stay away from her. I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN! Why does she make me worry every time she gets hurt? I must be insane... Leave me alone, Jade...