~Chapter 19~

Jade's POV
  When I ran out, I saw Ilhoon walking in zig zags and started kicking lockers every now and then. He was in a frustrating state. He was violent yet carefree since it's after school and there were no teachers.

  I went up to him and grabbed his arm. Terrible idea. Like really bad. Even when I just touched his arm, he flinched and looked at me with angry eyes. I was scared for a moment until I mustered up my courage to stare back with the same fury. This needs to stop. Him being angry at unnecessary times, needs to stop.

  Ilhoon: LET. GO. NOW.

  I stood still and just looked at him. His angry eyes never left mine as my grip tightened.

  With my eyes boring into his, his expression softened and his eyes slowly turned into plead. I didn't know why he was so scared. Why he was afraid of engaging and participating in the band discussions. At first, I thought he was just extremely introverted but the look in his eyes possessed a deeper meaning.

  Jade: No! Why are you doing this? Why do you hate the idea of us being in a band together? WHY DO YOU HATE ME?

Illhoon's POV
  "WHY DO YOU HATE ME?" The words ringed in my ears and tears streamed down her face. Her grip got even tighter than its previous state. Sobs were even more frequent between her short breaths.

  Illhoon: Ja....

  She cut me off by strapping her arms around my waist. Her face was buried in my chest and sobs interrupted her while she talked.

  Jade: Please..

  A sob.

  Jade: ..don't..

  Another sob.

  Jade: ...do this.

  For the first time I felt pure sympathy, but also a hint of anger. Anger at myself for making her cry. I never bothered to spare anyone my feelings so why did I this time?

Jade's POV
  I just cried and cried in his arms, or should I say with him in my arms. Had he felt nothing? Were my tears this worthless? I was confused with my own actions too but I was far too tired to battle with my emotions so I just chose to let it all out.

  Unexpectedly, I felt his arms pull me tighter. His embrace was warm and comforting. I could smell his addicting scent which reminded me of a mixture of vanilla and lemon. The hall we were in had nothing but silence, but that was all that was needed right now.

  After a while, we let go of each other and the mood instantly became awkward. His eyes wandered everywhere and avoided to look at mine. I chcukled at his uneasiness and when I did, he looked at me with questioning eyes. Lol, he looked cute like that...

  Shit, did I just say that in my mind?

  Jade: Well, I gotta go back to practice but come and watch us if you want since you're part of the band now. You're always welcome, you know. If one of the boys threaten you or something, I got your back.

  I held out a fist in front of him and acted like I was gonna punch someone. For the first time, I heard him laugh. I made the one and only miserable Jung Ilhoon laughed. Damn, what a satisfaction.

  I waved goodbye and left as we went seperate ways.

  While I was on my way back to the music room, I heard two voices in one of the classrooms. One girl and one boy. I wasn't going to eavesdrop but after Jackson's name was mentioned, I stopped in my tracks and decided to hear what they were talking about.

  ??? (Girl): I can't believe I still have to keep my relationship with Jackson a secret just because of his stupid sister. Don't you think she should just mind her own business?

  ??? (Boy): If you asked me to ditch my friends just to hear you rant nonsense, go find someone else.

  The boy, who appeared to be Jooheon, was walking out of the door which I happened to be leaning against. I sprinted to the nearest classroom and hid behind the door. Jooheon walked out and slung his jacket over his shoulder. Just then, the girl walked out and yelled, "Yah!" at him. Is it just me or are there a lot of korean guys that just happened to go to this school?

  The girl looked familiar. She had her straight long black hair in a ponytail and she was wearing a slightly inappropriate outfit. Her skirt almost showed her ass and her top was quite revealing at the back with a heart shape of nothing as a design of her top.

  When she turned around, my eyes widened and I instantly realised why Jackson was keeping her a secret from me. That girl (go check out Peniel's That Girl while you're at it if you haven't already😂) and I go way back.

  I never liked her so I avoided her like a mouse from a cat. She just has this bad vibe whenever she's around. She was my best friend despite my instincts that told me to stay away from her.

  Her nice act finally ended when she got what she wanted. My brother. I thought she would have at least became my real friend after our friendship but she totally changed after the two started dating. She acted like a bitch when my brother was not around but a total sweetheart in front of him.

  They started dating a few months before we left so they broke up. Or so I thought. I can't believe my own brother lied to me because of her. He knew that I don't like her and strictly oppose to the idea of them dating yet he stayed with her.

  I know I wasn't in the place to change his mind but as his sister, I need to keep him away from potential danger. As weird as that sounds, it's true.

  Rachel, in my opinion, is a very dangerous person. She plays with everyone's mind and let them think that she is their trustworthy friend. Once she gets what she wants, she reveals her true self. Yes, she was rich but that wasn't the case. Her parents were strict and her being the only child made her self-centred and selfish.

  Sometimes, I wonder what Jackson saw in her. I didn't know her true intentions. I don't know whether she really loves him or it is just another act to get something else.

  Deciding that I'll deal with Jackson later, I went to the music room to find everyone taking a break. Surprisingly, Ilhoon was there, TALKING to Namjoon and Mark. Did I miss something?

Ilhoon's POV
  After what happened with Jade, I didn't really know what to do. I could leave and think about it or I could go to the music room and help them with some stuff I guess. Since I had nothing to do for the rest of the day, might as well go to the music room to look for something to do. At least there's people there.

  I thought Jade would be there but her absense was obvious when I entered the room. I saw Namjoon and Mark talking while the others were chatting with Minhyuk. I decided to go up to Namjoon and Mark to talk about the band stuff that I had in mind while I was watching their practice.

  Namjoon: Ilhoon! What are you doing here?

  Ilhoon: I just suddenly have some ideas about the band.

  Mark: Well, any ideas are welcome. Shoot.

  We were talking about how we can choose a permanent theme for the band and a band name until the door creaked open revealing a surprised Jade. She looked like she just saw a ghost. Her shocked expression slowly turned into a warm smile as I gave her a knowing nod.

  I guess this was where our friendship started.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Sorry for the late update but I made it longer as an apology for not being able to update for the past few days. This story was written by both myself and my co-writer, grape-monstur. Make sure to check her out! Thanks for reading and I appreciate it a lot! Enjoy reading.