Chapter 6 || The News

(Yawn) I wake up with Abigail sitting in a chair beside my bed. "Finally your awake sleepy!" She says. "Come on there's someone you need to see." She continues. "I get out of my spare bed and head downstairs in my dress again. There was an elderly woman sitting at the dining table, sipping tea and chatting with Abigail's mom. "Hi, you must be Amelia Younge." The woman says. "That would be correct...." I answer. "Come sit." Abi's mom said to me. I sat at the table wondering who this woman was. "Not to be rude or anything but, who are you?" I ask awkwardly. "Oh yes, I am Ms.Charlotte." Ms.Charlotte says. "Since your parents have both passed away, you will be moving to an orphanage." Ms.Charlotte says. My heart sinks and water fills my eyes. "Why can't I live with any of my relatives?'' I question. "Your relatives live overseas and it is much too far to travel." "You will be attending the orphanage tomorrow, pack your things and I am looking forward to seeing you there!" Ms.Charlotte says again. "Oh, alright...." I say disappointed. We all get up from the table and I go back upstairs to my spare bedroom. I see Abigail's mom and Ms.Charlotte talking, Abi's mom looks just as disappointed as me. "What was that all about?" Abigail asks me. "You don't know?" I ask. "No." Abi says confused. "I'm moving to an.....orphanage." I disappoint Abigail. Her face drops. She begins crying. We both cry and hug at the same time. "We're going to have to go back to my house to pack my stuff...." I say.

We head to my place and I run to my room. I look on my bedside table to see my mother phone. I'm not supposed to take phones but I sneakily place it in a bottom pocket. I pack all my clothing and get dressed into proper clothing. I head downstairs to see a wallet on the kitchen bench. I walk over to the wallet. It's my mother's. I decided to also take it with me in the bottom pocket for safety. I brush my hair and Abigail and I head to the mall for one last shop before I have to leave....

I bought brand new clothing for the orphanage. I lay in bed that last night, dreading to go to the orphanage. I would have to leave Abigail, my worst nightmare. I had just lost everything. My parents, my bff and my home.