Chapter 8 || First night struggles

After our dessert all the orphans headed back to their rooms. After a little while Ms.Charlotte stood infront of Oceanas and my doorway. "Get to bed, NOW!'' She yelled. She slammed our door and we quickly tucked ourselves into bed. "Oceana?" I whisper. "Yeah?" She replies. "Is Ms.Charlotte always that mean?" I ask her. "Yes of course, she makes us clean all the time!" Oceana huffs. "Oh, but when I met her she was ever so lovely." I say. "She does that to every new girl, when I first came she was very nice, but when I arrived here she would yell at me 24/7!" Oceana explained. "Oh." I say disappointed. "Anyways, we should both get to sleep." Oceana suggests. Oceana closes her eyes and she's already asleep. I quietly get my phone from under my mattress and text Abigail.
Me: You awake?
Abigail: Yeah, why are you texting me. No phones allowed
Me: Sorry I can't help it.
Abigail: okay anyways how do u like it there so far?
Me: Well I have an amazing roomie, Oceana! But Ms.Charlotte is quite rude.
Abigail: It's really quiet here without you.
Me: I know I wish I was still there
Abigail: yeah...
Me: Well I should get going before I get caught. Talk soon xx
Abigail: Cya xx

I slide my phone back under the mattress and close my eyes. I tossed and turned on my uncomfortable mattress. I decide to get up and go for a walk. My door creaks open and I look side to side to make sure no-ones awake. I walk down the long steps but before I could go any further I hear voices. "OMG! Those girls Myer and Alison, like what do they wear!" "Hahahahah!" I peer behind a wall. I see 2 girls, quite tall. I quickly run back to my room. "Hey!" A voice yells towards me. "Yes?" I say. "What do you think you're doing awake?" I turn around and it's those two girls. "I could ask the same to you." I sass. "Wait a second, you're the new girl." The other girl says. "That's correct." I say. "Who are you guys anyway?" I ask.  "I'm Maya and this is Ava." Maya says. "You can't be Maya, because there is a Myer I know already here." I tell her. "Here's a fact honey, my names is spelt M-A-Y-A not M-Y-E-R!" Maya yells quietly." Anyways I'm Amel-" I say before getting cut off. "Amelia we know." Ava says. "You do?" I say confused. "Yeah, your that really nice girl, roommates with Oceana." "You know Oceana too?" I ask again. "Yes, let's just say we had some past." Maya says. "Well I better get going back to bed." I say. "See, always the goody-2-shoes." Ava and Maya laugh. "Well, what do you expect me to do?" I ask confused. "Graffiti?" They both say to me trying to get me into trouble. Pressure. Peer pressure. I didn't know if I should've of gone back to bed or went with them. I took a deep breath and turned my back to them. I walked into my room and closed the door. As I tried to sleep again, I could hear more talking. Yelling perhaps. I could identify 3 voices. Ava, Maya and Ms.Charlotte. The girls must of been caught awake at night. I heard my name about 5 times. My room door flung open. I quickly closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. Ms.Charlotte stood there and said "See girls, Amelia is asleep, don't blame other ppl." She closes my door and I assume the girls head back to their room. I toss and turn a bit more that night.....