Chapter 18 || idk a name for this chapter

"No!' Maddison yells. "No No No No No!" She repeats. "Why not?" I sulk. "2 kids, that's 2 much responsibility!" My aunt yells. "But....I can't go back to the orphanage." I sniff. "You don't know...how much...torture...it is living there.'' My eyes fill with water. "Come on Oceana and Amelia....it's getting late you two girls need to get some sleep." Aunt Madison says. "Fine..." I grump heading off to my spare bedroom. I lie in bead and pray for my aunt to change her mind...

~Maddison P.O.V~
I tuck Amelia and Oceana in their beds and head back out to the living room. I grab my phone from the coffee table and ring up some of my friends.

Me:
Hey Liv

Liv:
Hey, what's up?

Me:
I am in trouble..

Liv:
Are you ok? What's going on?

Me:
I'm fine yes. But my niece showed up on my doorstep an hour ago

Liv:
But ur niece lives in Australia

Me:
Yes but she ran away from her orphanage, cause its torture

Liv:
Ok, so send her back

Me:
She wants me to adopt her and her friend....

Liv:
What? Are you going to?

Me:
I don't know! I don't want my niece to be unhappy! If it was just Amelia I would say yes but there's 2 liv! 2!

Liv:
I've been wanting a kid for ages....and you know who I left my kid when I was very young

Me:
Are you serious?! U don't have to do that for me....

Liv:
Can I pop over tomorrow?

Me:
Sure

Liv:
K cya then

Me:
Cya

I hang up the phone and place it back on the coffee table. I lie back in my chair and shut my eyes. "Aunt." A voice says to me. I open my eyes to see Amelia standing in front of me. "Come sit." I tell Amelia patting the sofa next to myself. Amelia comes and sits. "Why can't you adopt us Maddison?'' Amelia's face frowns. I look down to her little face. "Amelia. I can't handle 2 kids. It's just too much responsibility.'' I say to my niece. ''Oceana and I are good though. We clean very well and we will eat anything!" Amelia tries to convince me. "Amelia, go back to bed..." I say. "Alright night" Amelia says, leaving the living space. I sigh and head to my room, to get some sleep.

~Author's Note~
Again guys sorry for the extremely short chapters! I don't get a lot of time to write but over these next 2 weeks I will write a lot more! Hope u r enjoying the book so far and yeah!
Ilysm Guys!

- Imogen 🌷