Chapter 17 || This is it!

Oceana and I walk up the vast steps, to stand in front of two large doors. I look over to the right to see a doorbell. I direct my finger to the doorbell. I hesitate before pressing it. "It's ok, just do it Amelia." Oceana tells me. This was the moment, anything could happen. I had never seen 1 of my relatives before so she would have no idea who I was?! This could go good or bad! - I worry in my head. I slowly push the doorbell. The door flings open. A lady comes out - she's maybe mid- 20's. "Hi, girls how may I help you today?" The lady asks Oceana and I. "Are you Maddison Younge?" I ask the lady. "I believe so, who might you be sweets?" My aunt asks me. "I am....Amelia Younge." I say. Maddison's eyes widen, she just looked at me, like I was a ghost or something. "Come here my child!'' She speaks, she hands wide open. I run and hug her. "Why are you here?!" She asks, still having a tight grip of me. I let go of her and look down. "Well..." I begin. "Come on, I'm not sure this is good, let's go inside." My aunt tells me directing Oceana and I inside her humble home. She leads us to her kitchen and all 3 of us take a seat. Maddison glances at Oceana. "How rude of me, who are you sweetheart?'' My aunt asks Oceana. "Oceana Anderson." Oceana introduces herself, holding her hand out for Maddison to shake it. Maddison shakes it. "So Amelia, why are you here?" Aunt asks, her left eyebrow raised. "Mum and dad dies as you know." "I knew my brother died, which is your dad, but I didn't know your mum died?!" Aunt Maddison says shocked. "Yes she did, anyways I got sent to a dreadful orphanage and Oceana and I ran away during the night, and we went in first class seats on the plane and payed more for a cab to get here and I'm so sorry!" I babble. "Take a breath hon." Maddison tells me. "Does anyone know you left?" Maddison asks. "No...." My voice trailed off. "Amelia-Rose Kensington-Younge!" Maddison says firmly. "Sorry...." Oceana and I say together. "We must contact the orphanage immediately!'' Aunt Maddison demands. "No! You can't send us back there!" I complain. "I'm sorry, there is no other way." Maddison disappoints us. "There is one way....." I say....

-author~
Hey guys! Sorry for the extremely short chapter! I needed to leave it on a cliffhanger for next chapter.  Also I have changed, the name and cover of this book. I realised the book is barely about the divorce, so I changed it!

- Ilysm!
- Imogen! 🌷