Chapter 16 || L.A

As the planes wheels rolled out along the pavement of the L.A airport we land safely ready for the next part of our adventure. "Ok, les go find our luggage!" I say scurrying through the crowed airport. "K, where do we even go??" Oceana asks. "Here!" I say pointing at the conveyer belt in front of us. "There's my suitcase!" Oceana says, reaching for her red velvet suitcase. "And there's mine!'' I say picking up my ocean blue suitcase. "So where now?" Oceana asks. "We'll get a cab and try and find the address I guess?" I say, figuring out a plan in my head. "K, let's go find a cab." Oceana says enthused. We walk outside the busy airport and try to signal a cab for us. After about 100 signals a cab finally pulled over. "Thank you so much!" Oceana says. We open up the trunk and put our stuff in there, we hope into the car too see an old lady as the driver. "Where will we be heading girlies." The lady says. I look at my phone to see the address of my aunts place. "45 Albee Lane?" I ask. "I can only take you to towns, not too an actual home sweetheart." The lady frowns. "I will pay you double to get there." I say begging. "Oh, honey you know what I'll take you there for the same amount of price!" The lady grins. "Oh thank you! You are ever so kind!" I say, a giant smile on my face. The cab begins driving, I look over to Oceana who's face is pale and looks like she's just seen a ghost. "Hey?!" I say, my hand on her shoulder. "Mmm..." her voice trails off. "What's wrong?" I ask concerned for my friend. "Oh...nothing..." she says. "Oh come on! Please tell me, we are friends!" I say. "Ok....I'm happy that I am getting out of the orphanage, but I mean now I have no hope of getting adopted!" Her voice quivers. "Hey don't worry, my family is loving! And hey my aunt might even adopt u!'' I smile, lightening the mood. She gives me a half smile. I look side to side and grin. I bring tickling Oceana. "Ok...ok.....stop......you.....w-win!" She laughs. "That's my girl!" I smile. "So girlies here we are!" We say stopping. Oceana and I look out our window to see a mansion, a huge modern one. "Are you sure this is right?" I ask. "Yep." The cab driver says to me. I look at the Volkswagen. The number plate say Ch0rYoung3, so then I realise it is the right house. Oceana and I get out of the cab and grab our luggage. "Thank you for the drive here!" I say to the cab driver, handing her the cash. "This is it.'' I begin. "This is the moment that will change our lives forever" .........

-Author note-
The book is almost complete! I can't believe it! I have started a new book as you probably already know! Enjoy this and yeah! Shoutout to itzmezoeee for her edits! Tysm!

- Imogen 🌷