Chapter 19 || Adoption?

~Oceana's P.O.V~
I wake up to the sound of Amelia waking me up. "Psst!" She says rolling me off my bed. "Mmmm." I say pulling the covers over my head. "Come on! There is someone here!" Amelia yells pulling me out of the bed. We rush downstairs, to see Maddison with a lady - about the same age as her; sipping their coffee. The woman has long brown, wavy hair and looks quite tall. "Morning girls." Maddison chirps. "Whose this?"Amelia asks, rubbing her eyes. "I am Olivia Anderson." Olivia says. I look at Amelia. My mum's name was Olivia, the one who left me when i was born. - I think to myself. "Which one of you are Amelia?'' Olivia asks. Amelia raises her hand. "And who may this be?" Olivia continues. "I am Oceana Anderson." I say taking a deep breath. "No...." Olivia's voice trails off. "What?'' Maddison asks. "Is it you, it can't be!" Olivia says. "Yes it is me.....mom...." I say, giving my mom a half decent smile. "Ok, did I miss something?'' Amelia asks. "Come sit." Olivia guides Amelia to sit down beside her. "When I was 19 years of age I had a child. I named her Oceana. I was to young to look after that child, when I was 19, so I gave her away to an orphanage. I've regretted losing her even since, I have tried for more children but nothing seems to work. I knew that I would never find my daughter again but here we are." Olivia's story ends.
~Amelia's P.O.V~
After hearing Olivia's heart-filled story everything had changed. "Wait so you guys are already related?!" I ask Oceana and Olivia. "Yes I believe so." Oceana's eyes fill up with tears. "Wait so you don't need to adopt her, because she's already your child!" I finally realise. "Yes, and Amelia I have had some thoughts and yes I will adopt you!" My aunt says very happy. Oceana and I hug each other tightly. "Girls, now we must contact the orphanage and tell them you adventurous behaviour." Maddison says. "Oh all right." Oceana and I agree. My aunt Charlotte rings up the orphanage.

Maddison:
Hello

????:
Hi, this is the orphanage how can I help you on this fine day.

Maddison:
Hi, I am calling in regards of Amelia Younge and Oceana Anderson.

Orphanage:
Oh yes, are they okay where are they?!

Maddison:
Yes both girls are most certainly fine, they are in L.A with me, Amelia's aunt and Oceana's mother.

Orphanage:
What?! They are overseas? And Oceana's mother left her years ago.

Maddison:
Yes the girls, travelled overseas. And Olivia, is my friend and she left her daughter Oceana years ago.

Orphanage:
I will send someone to pick them up right away, we apologise for any inconvenience.

Maddison:
About that, Olivia wants to keep her daughter now and I would like to adopt Amelia.

Orphanage:
Oh ok

Maddison:
Also could you please send a copy of Oceana's birth certificate to 14 Albee lane please?

Orphanage:
That would be more than fine. Hope you have a good time with Amelia!

Maddison:
Thank you, have a good day, bye.

Maddison hung up the phone and smiled. I was so happy!

~Author~
Hey guys! One more chapter to go before I've finished the book, I'm so sad! I am trying to write as much as I can! Shoutout to itzmezoeee for her edits!
Tysm for all your guys support!

- Imogen 🌷