Chapter 13 || Escaping

That night I lie in bed, thoughts flowing my head. This orphanage was torture, I couldn't stay here. I didn't know what to do! An idea popped into my head, it was a bad bad one but I was desperate to get out of here. I jump out of bed, grab my backpack and begin packing clothes, my phones and wallets. I cleaned out my whole side of the bedroom. I walk out of the room, looking back feeling bad what I am doing. The door shut and I walked down the stairs, the floorboards creaking every step I take. "Amelia?'' I voice calls. I spin around to see Oceana looking at me confused. "What are you doing?'' She asks scared. "Oceana, this..orphanage it's.....not for me....I can't stay here." I say lowering my head. "Wow." She says still adjusting to me leaving. "What?' I ask. "I've been here for 7 years and I've never had the nerve to leave and now you've been here for like 3 days and you're already leaving." She sulks. I look down, thinking what to say. I walk back up the stairs, looking in Oceana's eyes. "Come with me.'' I whisper. "What?" She says. "Come with me.'' I say a bit louder. "I don't know Amelia." She says. "Come on!" I plead. ''Ugh, fine." She finally agrees. "Come on let's go pack your stuff." I say. We head back to my room and Oceana packs her stuff. We head out our old room and shut the door tight. We head down the creaky stairs and open the front door wide. We head out and I look back, hoping I don't ever have to come back. We shut the door and sat in front the orphanage. "So where are we going anyway?" Oceana ask. "Well, Ms.Charlotte said my relatives live overseas so we will try and find them." I explain. "I'm really tired, can we start tomorrow?" Oceana yawns. "Yeah, I think I saw a hotel around the corner." I say. We walk around the corner of the block. A hotel stands before our eyes. We walk inside, to see a large beautiful hotel, we walk to the front desk to see a young lady standing behind the desk. "Hi, kids how may I help you on this dark night?" The lady asks. "Hello, can we get a room for 2 for overnight please." I ask. "Right this way please kids.'' The woman begins leading us to our room. We enter a rather large room with 2 large Queen sized beds with a walk-in wardrobe and a vast bathroom. "Wow!" Oceana and I say at the same time. "I hope you enjoy your stay girls!" She says leaving us. We both enter our beds and go straight to sleep, excited and scared for what's ahead of us.