The Worst Night Of My Life

Ellie's POV
It was a few weeks after Lucy has shown up. My baby bump had a got a little bit bigger. It was about 3am and I was wide awake. I couldn't sleep. Mason on the other hand was snuggled into me fast asleep. That was when I heard it.
BANG BANG BANG
I was petrified. Who would come to my parents door at this time? I shoved Mason to wake him up. He groaned and tried to pull me down to snuggle back into but I couldn't. I hissed his name and he heard it. 'Mason. I'm scared' I said clutching his arm. 'Don't worry princess, I've got this' he whispered grabbing the baseball bat he keeps by the bed. My mum and dad must have heard it too because they come running into my room. With me and my mum behind them, Mason and my dad ran downstairs ready to attack. The banging continued. Mason pulled open the door to reveal..my brother covered in blood! I pulled Mason back as he never knew who he was. My mum let out a sob and my father growled but stalked off to bed. He wanted nothing to do with my thug of a brother, Lucas. I guided Mason, my mum and Lucas into the living room. I guess I needed to explain to Mason. 'Mason, this is my brother Lucas' I whispered while Mason glared at him and wrapped his arm around me. 'L-llucas' my mum stuttered his name. She always had a soft spot for him but my dad never allowed him to be in our family home. That's why they treat me like I'm an only child. To dad I was his only child in his mind. 'Mum, Ellie' Lucas' hoarse voice managed to croak out. His lip was thick and covered in blood. 'I'm in trouble you two' he whispered. 'Can someone explain what's going on' Mason growled. I gave him an apologetic look. 'Er mum, go and clean Lucas up' I said giving her a pleading look. 'Mason, I'm sorry I never told you about him. He's my brother Lucas as you just found out. He's 26 and ran away from home when he was 16 to be in a gang. This is the first time we've saw him in 10 years' I explained tears streaming down my face. I loved Lucas when I was younger but he's destroyed himself. Mason just pulled me close to him as I sobbed my heart out. He was my comfort. His gentle actions calmed me down. Lucas then walked into the room and looked at me his eyes full of emotion. In one swift movement Mason led me upstairs and took us to bed. We snuggled together until we both drifted off to sleep.