The Day After

Ellie's POV
Me and Mason slept in until about 12. I woke up first to the sound a shouting from my dad. This was about Lucas. I shot up, my thick black hair extremely static. I turned around to see Mason stretching and groaning. 'Good morning princess' he said and wrapped his arms around me. 'Morning' I whisper. The events of last night felt like a dream. My brother. I wonder if he's still here. 'Woah what's all the shouting' Mason asks jumping out of bed. 'My dad obviously isn't about Lucas' I say with a sigh. I hop out of bed and pull on one of Masons hoodies. I shove my hair into a messy bun and me and Mason go downstairs. I tell Mason to go into the kitchen and put the kettle on so he does. I pad into the lounge and was shocked to see Lucas still lying there asleep. I silently crept out of there and go into the dining room where my mum and dad are. When I walk in the room my dad stops shouting and they both just stare at me. My mum looks exhausted. 'Morning sweetie' she says her eyes heavy and red like she'd been crying. I smile at her and my dad. Mason then walks in with a cup of tea for us all. 'Thanks mate' my dad says to him and me and Mason are taken aback. Mason just flashes one his pearly smiles at him and wraps his arms around my stomach. My bump was a bit bigger now. I was 2 months pregnant and so far everything was perfect.
We all sat around the table and it was a really heartwarming family moment. Then in walked Lucas. I saw my dad begin to grind his teeth but my mum calmed him down. 'Morning Lucas'  I say weakly and he gives me a small smile. 'I er can leave soon' he whispers shifting from one foot to the other. A blanket of uncomfortable silence was in the room and I don't know why but I feel like Mason has a major problem with Lucas. 'Hey Mason how about me and you go and get ready for our appointment' I say and grab his hand. 'What appointment?' My father asks. 'For the baby' he looks at my belly his eyes sparkling. I have never saw my dad like this before. 'You're pregnant?' Lucas whispers with a smile. 'Yeah'. His eyes look bright and happy when I told him this. 'Let's go then princess' Mason says putting his hands protectively over my stomach.