13

It's been six days since we finally returned home and for some unknown reason the atmosphere between me and Mason has been different.

He is so awkward with me and has barely been speaking, but I try to reassure myself that it's just because he's not well.

'How you feeling?' I ask, laying next to him on our large bed.

'Fine' he mutters, then lets out a sigh which places a weight on my heart. The way he's being is seriously getting me down and worrying me.

'Mase babe, what's wrong with you?' I ask gently, trying not to make him annoyed.

He's silent for a moment before answering in an almost silent voice

'I failed you ell'

My heart sinks even more as I realise that he thinks all of this was his fault.

'What? Mason don't be so silly! None of this was your fault, please don't try and blame any of this on yourself' I reassure him, taking his bruised face in my palms.

'But if I got in there sooner or even a little later I wouldn't have had to put you through any of this, you or the baby'.

'No, no me and the baby are fine, you got the worst of it. Don't blame yourself for the sick person who did this to you'

'I love you ell' he says running his fingers through my hair.

'And I love you' I reply, before pressing my lips gently against his.

A few hours later, after laying in bed doing nothing, I finally get the energy to climb out of bed and make some food.

Just as it trying to reach up to the top of the cupboard, I feel an arm snake around my waist and place their hands on my bump. I immediately know who it is by the ink painted up his muscley arm.

'You should be in bed' i playfully scold, pulling on a fake scowl.

'I'm fine baby besides I'd rather you be in bed resting with our little baba'

My heart flutters from his words and at this moment my heart is bursting with love for the man of my dreams the unborn baby growing inside me.

'Go and sit down, your dinner will be ready in a minute' I say, shooing him off and continuing with the curry i was cooking.

After we have ate our dinner and I've cleaned round the house and done the dishes, it's around 9:30 and I'm absolutely exhausted.

My back and feet are killing and I wish there was something to take away the pain I'm feeling. Wow, if this is hurting me how am I going to get through labour?

'What's wrong babe?' Mason asks, as he sees me grunting in pain. 'It's not the baby is it, is everything alright?'

'My feet and back are killing, ugh it's hurts so bad' I moan, and sit on the couch in hope to ease a bit of the pain.

I see Masons face fill with pity and before I know it he's running upstairs and leaving me alone in the living room.

'Ell come here baby' I hear him shout from the top of the stairs.

With a sigh, I force myself off the couch and trudge up the stairs that seem to go on forever. I walk into our bedroom to find him not there so I check the bathroom.

As I walk in, I see the bath filled me bubbly water and candles lighting the dim room and Mason is stood next to it with a hopeful look on his face.

'I thought this might help' he says, and I can basically hear the embarrassment in his voice.

'Aw mase, thank you so much' I say and mean it. I can basically feel the aching muscles relaxing.

I strip off my clothes and climb in, my feet almost immediately soothing.

'Jump in babe' I say to him, and see a smile spread across his beautiful face. I watch as he takes off his clothes and shuffle forward so he can lie behind me.

I lay my head on his chest, while he places his hands over my bump. I feel so happy and content right now.

'Ell?' He says quietly.

'Yeah?'

'We haven't bought anything for the baby'

'Well my mum and dad have bought the crib and started buying some clothes. And we can go out tomorrow and get some stuff?' I reply, my mind actually forgetting about something so huge. Blame it on the baby brain.

'Great, okay' he replies and with that we both go back to relaxing together in the hot water surrounding us.

oh my life
2k reads
me love u