19

Taking our baby girl home was the most heartwarming feeling in the world. Showing her the house she will grow up in made me excited, and thinking about our future as a three made me nearly explode with love.

We've been home for four days now, and River has been a surprisingly good, calm little girl. Even if she was naughty, I'd still love her more than anything. It's safe to say that she already has us wrapped tight around her finger.

My parents were coming round to meet her today, after being across the world when I had her. 'Are you all ready to meet your nanny and grandad my little princess?' I coo, to the fast asleep baby in my arms. I feel Mason come up behind me and he places his head on my shoulder.

The doorbell rings and after planting a gentle kiss on my cheek, he runs to answer it while I take a seat on the sofa.
'Oh my dear, where is she? We can't wait to see her!' I hear my mother faffing, before she runs in to the living room and stops when she sees me cradling my little love in my arms. 'Oh Ellie. Let me see my granddaughter'. She smiles, tears welling up in her eyes. She takes the little bundle of joy from my arms and rocks her gently, while Mason and my father join us in the room.

I watch as my mother coos soft words to River and my father stands watching. Mason comes and comforts me on the sofa, being extra cautious because I'm still extremely sore. Mason is absolutely incredible, and I could never, ever ask for anyone better to raise a child with. 'Honey, would you like to hold your granddaughter?' My mother asks my father, and I watch as he takes River with a smile on his face.
My mother takes this free opportunity to come to me and wrap her warm arms around me and kisses me all over my face.

'Mum!' I squeal, but hug her back. She then, leaves me and goes over to my poor boyfriend and squeezes him. I also notice how she whispers something into his ear, to which he smiles at and looks back to me. I just furrow my eyebrows questioningly.

Mason then goes over to my father, and then carefully swap River over to her dad and my own dad comes over to me. 'Ellie I'm so proud of you. You and Mason have brought an absolute angel into our lives and we couldn't be any happier'. He admits, and I can't help the tears that stroll down my face. He sees this and pulls me into a comforting hug. I also notice that my mum has teared up. My father showing his emotions is quite a big deal, since he rarely ever does. 'Right about we have some tea?' He asks, while Mason lies River in her little pink crib we have in the living room. We all follow my mum I got the kitchen, and sit around the table with tea and cakes, chatting about the special new addition to our family.