chapter 12

Ellie's POV
I ran through to Masons room and the warmth I felt inside me when I saw him awake shocked me. I gently wrapped my arms around him and planted kisses over his face. 'Me and baby have missed you' I say softly, sitting in a chair and holding his hand and my bump. He gives me a warm smile but his eyes look sad. 'Are you okay babe' I say gently. He just nods his head. 'I just want to go home' he says. The last time I had been home was last week and we weren't able to stay there. We'd have to ask my dad to stay in one of his houses. Thank God he own a couple of them. I was about to reply before I was interrupted by the nurse. 'Mason? We're just going to run some tests on you to see whether you're okay tonne discharged. Ellie if you could take a seat outside please, this won't take long' she says with a smile. I nod my head and walk out the room and call my father. After a lot of convincing, he gave in and allowed us to stay in one. 'Ellie?' The doctor from before returns. 'We're finished, would you like to come back in?' She says while holding open the door for me. 'So I have some good news. Mason can be discharged but it's bedrest only for him until the next appointment. I really need you to take it easy kiddo okay? Anything too busy could harm you and you'll be straight back in here.' She says and I feel so delighted. I see Masons eyes light up at the news. 'Thank you' he mutters and smiles at her. She leaves the room and I begin to pack our stuff together and call my father to pick us up. I help Mason out of bed and help him get dressed before the nurse com back in. 'Thank you so much Denise' I say and embrace her in a hug. She had become a good friend of mine after spending so much time in here. 'You're welcome ellie, now take care both of you. And little bump' she says placing her hand on my stomach. 'How far gone are you' she asks.
'6 months' and reply and smile. We say goodbye then walk outside to my father. I wrap my arms around Mason just in case he feels unstable.
We're finally going home.