16

The minute my father drove into the car park, I could tell my mother was trying to keep herself together. My father looked like he has better things he could be doing and, quite frankly he looks bored.

'Ellie, sweetheart, what's happened?' My frantic mother asks breathlessly. Just as I was about to answer, I saw Mason pull up and jog over to us.

'Ellie, babe, what's happening?' He asks, while wrapping his arms around me as much as he could, since my bump was so big. To reply to Mason, I just shake my head and then turn to my mother.

'Mum. Lucas must've been involved with a gang again, whether it's the same one I don't know. But they assume that there's been a serious fight and unless he really fights, the worst could happen'. I explain, watching my mothers face crumple at the news. It honestly broke my heart telling my mother this, and I watched as my father wrapped her in a warm embrace. The man might be stone cold towards many people but to my mother, he always melts and protects her.

'I'm going to find him. Calvin, please come with me' my mother pleads with my father and, of course he gives in but doesn't hold back the grumble that escapes his mouth.

I finally turn to Mason, who's still cradling me and his baby in his hands. 'Let's go?' He asks, but instead of going home and giving up I decide to continue with the baby shopping.

'No, let's go shopping. It's only fair, why should our baby not have what it wants?' I say, and mean it. Mason just nods his head in reply and we walk over to the car and head off to the shops. As bad as it sounds, I just want to forget today's events and keep my life on a steady track. Granted, me and Mason have been perfect recently but all I care about right now is keeping it like that and keeping our family secure and happy.

After a long, busy day of events and shopping, we finally got home and I finally got to rest my swollen feet. We thankfully had a successful shopping trip and managed to buy more gender neutral clothes and the crib. It was safe to say I was physically exhausted. I feel like at the minute I don't get a break, whether I'm dealing with pain, cleaning up or taking trips to the hospital, so night times were usually the highlight of my day.

'Babeee?' I ask, emphasising the 'e'. He flashes me a smirk and a knowing look while I continue. 'Our little baby really wants Nando's'. I laugh, giving him a cheeky grin.

'The baby gets what the baby wants. I won't be long my love' he agrees, and I take note of how he doesn't even need to ask me what I want anymore since I always have the same thing anyway.