18

Push , deep breath , push , deep breath.

The steps I'm trying to force myself to follow to help guide me through this murdering pain I'm feeling right now.
The midwives are really doing their hardest to comfort me, but the pain is becoming unbearable.

When I felt my waters gushing down me legs 8 hours before, my heart literally dropped to the pit of my stomach as I realised how unprepared I am for labour. Mason, the poor soul, had no idea what was going on, and honestly thought I had just had an accident.

And now here we are, in yet another hospital room, bringing our baby into the world. He is also trying his hardest to help me, but there's really nothing he could even think about doing. Unless he wants to swap places, which is impossible.

'Come on Ellie, the head will be out in a few more pushes!' The lovely midwife tried to encourage me, and bringing my chin into my chest, I push with all the energy I have left in me. 'Mason, would you like to see?' She asks, and I watch as his stunning blue eyes light up at the sight of our baby's head.

'Ellie baby, a few more and our baby will be here. Come on girl, I know you can do it'. He cheers me on, and these words are enough to ignore the pain and push the rest of our little life out.

Sinking back into the white hospital bed, I hear the wails of our baby. 'It's a girl!' The midwife exclaims, placing my gorgeous little girl on my bare chest.

The second my eyes lay on her, my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest. The love I have for her already is crazy, a love I've never felt before. 'We did it baby' Mason says, as tears stream out of both of our eyes as we gaze down admiringly at our beautiful creation. He plants a big, love filled kiss against my lips and then one on our tiny baby's head.

'6lb 3oz born on Monday 6th October 2017' the nurse tells us. I don't even take my eyes away from my baby to look at her, and the love I feel for my family is the best thing anyone could ever ask for.

'River?' I whisper quietly, my eyes stuck the sight of my incredible boyfriend and baby girl together. I watch as he looks up at me, a massive smile planted on his face.

'River Marie Harris'. He tests out, looking down at our little girl. 'I love it baby'. He says, and I quickly snap out my phone to take a picture.

Welcome to the world River Marie Harris  X