Unthought Known

"Jesus, its already 4." Mike said.
"Any significance?" I asked.
"Well I mean, we skipped lunch. Aren't you hungry Vicky?" He said, now focused on me.

"Lets go make Vicky a surprise lunch!" They shouted and scrambled into the kitchen.
"Oh god." I mumbled.

Eddie stayed in the room with me and continued listening to old records.
"So, Vicky, you wanna tell me about yourself?" Eddie asked. I sat across from him on the couch and sighed.
"I guess." I said.
"No you don't have to if you don't wanna." He told me.
"You deserve to know. You're a great and trustworthy guy." I nodded.
"Well thank you, I'm glad you think so." I smiled.

"Where do I start? Um, I grew up in Springfield, Illinois. My dad, uh, well, not sure who he is. He was gone before I could walk. My mom hated me. She dumped me when I was 16. I dropped out of school and lived with friends on and off. I had a scary experience with cocaine, I'm clean now. Um...when I was 19 I was dating some asshole named Dave. Not our Dave, he was a dumbass with red hair and an ugly personality. I don't know what I liked about him. He kicked me out of our apartment and kept all my belongings. I was consistently shop lifting to keep myself alive by the time I was 21. I met a nice man who called himself Duff when I was 24 maybe? He had a band that was on tour, they let me go with them and dropped me off at Seattle. That's where I met the famous Kurt Cobain. He went onto bigger and better things, of course. He was a good friend. And now I'm here. Oh and I'm 25." I told him everything, except how I was raped when I was 17.

"That's all?" He asked, I guess he sensed that I was leaving out details.
"Um...Well, when I was wrapped up in cocaine, I didn't have a way to pay for it except-"
"Your body. You were raped weren't you? I saw how you reacted to me saying that last night." He said it for me.

"God I'm so sorry Vicky." He said, pulling me in for a hug.
Soon Chris came out.
"I'm sorry I was eavesdropping...but holy shit Victoria. You're such a strong girl." He said with his big sad eyes.
"Stop it you guys your gonna make me cry." I whispered. My voice was breaking. I hadn't told anyone this ever. I never trusted anyone. Duff knew I was homeless, and Kurt knew my dad left. That's all I told them.

"Hey, I went through similar shit. My dad was gone before I could even think. I had a step dad who I was led to believe was my real dad. One day my mom told me that he wasn't and that my real dad was dead." Eddie shrugged, although it was clear that he wasn't trying to one-up me. He was trying to make me feel better.

"The song Alive, on that album, that's what it's about." Chris chimed in. Eddie nodded in confirmation.
"Holy shit we're a fucked up bunch, huh." I laughed half-heartedly.

"Oh also, the guys couldn't find anything to make food with, so they ordered pizza." Chris told us.
"Sounds good to me." Eddie said.
"I agree."

"Hey, I'll never hurt you. Neither will Chris, or the others. We're here for you, forever, if that's what you want." Eddie told me.

"I love you." I whispered, barely making a sound.
"What?" He asked.
"I love you." I said louder, leaning into him.
"I love you too, shorty."