When Love & Hate Collide

Victoria's POV

"Had fun with you today." Stone told me, hugging me.
"Yeah that was fun." Matt agreed.
"Besides, you know..." Stone said, obviously talking about Eddie showing up.

"He didn't bother us. Its okay." I shrugged.
"You're right. Okay, well I better go get ready." Stone dismissed himself, I nodded and Chris and I returned to our room.

"I call the shower." Chris told me, grabbing a T-shirt and some basketball shorts from his bag.
"Okay." I replied. I didn't mind waiting.

After Chris went into the bathroom to shower, I wandered out of the room, and knocked on the door across from ours.
There was no answer.
Stone was in this room, right? Didn't Stone and Jeff share a room? I asked myself.
I'm confident that they do.

I knocked again, "Stone? Jeff?" I said quietly.
There was no answer, so I turned and went back to Chris and I's door, but then I heard another door open.
It was Eddie.
My eyes widened. I didn't know whether to say hi or to run.
Running sounded nice, but my feet were frozen. And his face looked oh so hopeful.
His face.
"Victoria,"
His voice.

Fuck.
No, I'm with Chris now. I'm cool. I got this. I'll just tell Eddie.

"Edward." I replied under my breath, as if I was still convincing myself that he was in front of me.
"Hey, I wrote a song today, do you wanna come check it out?" He asked, acting as if nothing happened.

"I-uh...you know I'm with Chris, right?" I said, I couldn't think of an excuse.
"Yeah, yeah that's okay, I just-do you wanna come see?" He said, although hurt was clear on his face, and his eyes were glassy.

"Okay, yeah, sure." I accepted, crossing over into his room.
"Um, it was on my arms and legs, but I put it down on paper." He explained as he strode over to the nightstand
I nodded, though he couldn't see.

"So here, go ahead and read it. You can suggest things if you want." He said, nervously holding the sheet of paper to me.
Eddie's handwriting was barely legible, but I picked it up.

This song was really touching. Emotional.
"Eddie, this is great." I told him sincerely.
He smiled a little,
"Did you have any suggestions for it or?"
"No no, its great the way it is." I told him.
He always had a reasoning behind a song. I wonder what this one was.
"Eddie?" I said.
"Hm?"
"Who-what, uh why did you write this?" I asked.

He looked at his leg, which was bouncing quickly, then back up at me.
"Well, today, I think I saw you at the beach." He paused.
I nodded in confirmation.
"Okay, well I kinda wrote it for-or about you." He said, blushing.

"Oh.." I mumbled. I wasn't sure what the meaning of the song was, but it was a sad one.
"I'm sorry, I can throw it away. I shouldn't have even brought it u-"
"Eddie, its good. I like it. Thank you, but I have to get back to Chris, okay? Don't throw it away." I said softly, walking out.

I leaned against his door and let out a sigh.
I went back into Chris & I's room.
"Where'd you run off to?" Chris asked.
"Oh, I was looking for Stone, but I ran into Eddie. He was showing me a song he wrote." I explained.
"That's cool, uh, what was the song about?"
"He said it was about me." I said quietly.

Chris thought for a moment.
"Hm. Okay, well, the shower is all yours." He said.

"Okay."

WHOOOOP
I KNOWWWWW better man is not like a happy song, but I like it and so it found its way into the story. I know it's about like abuse and shit, but just pretend it's a pretty love song😂😂😂 thanks for reading guys.