39

"Aika? Aikaaa? Aika!!" Jumping, I am shaken awake to find Mei looking at me in excitement. For a second, I forget where I am, but I am suddenly reminded by the flashing seatbelt sign.

Clipping up my seatbelt, I pull my earphones out and put my phone away. Mei looks at me with wide, excited eyes, and the plane begins tilting downwards. Looking out the window, I grin as the earth comes into view. The long turquoise beaches are growing closer and more vibrant the lower we get. Many unseeable details of the ground become more focused, for example the tiny cars, lorries, trains and busses that speed below, looking like toys from this height.

Turning, the plane begins descending faster, and soon enough, we are slowing along the runway of LAX. The plane halts, and a tube attaching our plane to the airport is brought over. Allowing us to disembark, the pilot turns off the seatbelt signs and wishes us a good trip. I hope we have a good trip too.

Kyoya guides us off the plane, and we find ourself in the airport. Busy people rush past us and families chat excitedly between them as we walk through. After going through security, we are greeted by a limo and a man standing next to it with a sign reading "Ootori" on it.

Getting inside, Kyoya explains the plan. First, we will go to the lodge, chosen by Hikaru, and change into some more suitable clothes for the weather. Then, we will go down to the beach for a while before we go out for a dinner. If we're eating out every day, I think I'm going to look forward to it.

"Your bags will arrive in about five minutes." The driver says as we pull up to a large villa type house. It's multiple stories tall, and seems like it could have at least 50 rooms. With a cream and white exterior, many colourful flower beds lining the walls and the long white windows, it was very pretty and luxurious looking. Exiting the limo, Kyoya guides us up the driveway to the large light brown wooden doors.

Opening them, he reveals a huge lounge room, with a mini bar in the corner. A gigantic flatscreen TV is hung on the wall, with cream sofas circling it. A pale green rug is sprawled on the wooden flooring, wth a brown coffee table placed on top. House plants are dotted around the room to add more colour. To the left, against the wall, there are a wide set of stairs, and next to them is a door leading to what I can see is a kitchen. Along the back wall is an enormous window which takes up the whole wall, with cream curtains bunched at the ends.

"Wow, I thought we were staying in a hotel?" I ask Kyoya as we step inside and look around.

He nods. "We were supposed to, but then Hikaru decided to buy a cottage for us to all stay in instead." Surprised, I look around us again. Hikaru bought this whole place just for us to stay here for what.. 2 weeks?

"Woah." Is all Mei can say as she follows us in. Sitting down on one of the couches, I pull out my phone.

*****

Hikaru: We just landed!!

Me: Great! How long will you be?

Hikaru: Me and Kaoru will probably be there in 20 mins?

Me: Okay, see ya soon!

Hikaru: have your bags arrived yet??

Me: Yeah they just got here now, why?

Hikaru: Just wondering how long ours will take.

Me: Yeah, they got here about 5 mins after we got here

Hikaru: okay, good

Me: Okay, I'm gonna go unpack

Hikaru: No need, the maid who brought ur bags will do it for you