XVI

"The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies"

"Namjoon please calm down!" Jin raised his voice.

"But he's lying! The freak is lying!" Namjoon screamed, pointing his knife at Jimin.

Namjoon stood up in anger. A clear pouch fell out of his pocket. Jin picked it up with a shocked look on his face.

"Namjoon, what is that?" Suga asked.

"Jin, give it to me!" Namjoon demanded. Flapping his hand in Jin's face.

Jimin and I looked at each other with confusion. What was going on? What was in that pouch?

"No! Not until you tell me what this white stuff is!" Jin yelled. He looked distraught.

"What is happening?"I whispered in Jimin's ear. He shrugged.

"I need that! Give it to me now! Please!" Namjoon exclaimed, sounding breathless. As Jin stepped away Namjoon stabbed his knife into his leather chair.

"Calm down!" I said. Namjoon turned and looked at me with hatred in his eyes.

"What is it, Namjoon?" Jin asked, tearing up. He shook the bag.

"You know what it is!" Namjoon screamed. He was red in the face with anger.

"Don't tell me you've been taking this!?" Jin cried.

"Taking what?" Jungkook asked, starting to look disturbed by everything.

"Cocaine!" Jin replied, covering his mouth in shock.

We all gasped.

"So This is why he's been so aggressive." Jimin stated.

"Give it back now, you've had your fun! I need that" Namjoon looked horrific, he was screaming and crying.
I was so scared. I thought he was acting strange since day one.

"No you don't! You don't need or want this!" Jin replied, his hands shaking. He couldn't take it, none of us could. It was horrible.

Namjoon sat down again. I looked at him closely. He was sweating, his eyes were puffy. He started breathing quickly. Choking.

"Namjoon, breathe and calm down." I said from across the table. Namjoon didn't strike me as the kind of person who would take drugs, but I was wrong.

This wasn't a joke, he really was high. I should've known. He was showing all the symptoms of cocaine abuse.
Anger
Paranoia
Aggressiveness
Violence

He ticked every box of a short-term cocaine addict. I felt sorry for him. It must be horrible to crave a drug.

But what was the next step? Where was Namjoon going to go?

Jin left the room, holding the bag of cocaine in one hand.

"Where is he going?" I asked as I watched Namjoon flop to sleep in his chair. Jhope rushed up to him.

"What's wrong with him?" Jhope asked.

"Don't worry, he's not dead. He's just fallen asleep. That's what cocaine does to you." I explained.