I

"It was just a shitty job at a shitty restaurant anyways, Kookie. Get over it." Yugyeom says, patting my back.

"Yeah, a shitty job that paid so well it helped me pay all my bills." I reply with both despair and irony in my voice.

I was fired from my job in the fanciest restaurant in town, only two weeks after being promoted. The owner had so much faith in me he was willing to let me take up the business, had I proved my worth to him. Guess that faith shattered in tiny pieces when he found out my best friend is gay.

"How fucking stupid could you possibly be to go on a date with your boyfriend in the restaurant where I work?"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He says half-heartedly. "I didn't expect your boss to be such a jerk when you speak so highly of him."

"Dude, remember where we live. Even dogs are homophobic in this country."

I cross my arms on the café table and bury my face in them. I sigh loudly as I realize Yugyeom stopped patting my back. Here we go.
I raise my head to look at his pouting face. For a split second I can't decide if I want to punch him or hug him. Suddenly, his face brightens up.

"You know what? You need to cheer up. Let's go for drinks tonight." He suggests with a big smile.

"Fuck no, last time you got drunk you started humping the floor."

"Sorry. Bad habit. Won't do it again. Pleaaaaase?"

I gasp. His aegyo side only shows when he needs something. What an evil best friend. I hesitate for a bit, then nod. After all, I don't have anything to do. Plus, after being fired from such a nice job, I seriously need a drink. Or two. Or ten. He seems overjoyed.

"I'm taking you to a very special bar tonight. Don't worry, you'll love it. Pick you up at 8."

•••••••

We finally arrive at the bar. It's extremely isolated and quite discreet from the outside compared to the other bars in the city. I remember Yugyeom's words as we were in the car. "Don't underestimate it when you see its facade. Wait until you see the inside."

My anticipation builds up. I impulsively rush inside, discovering a completely different world. There were colored lights making the whole place look like a messy rainbow. The music wasn't too loud or too low, and there was a big scene taking up about a quarter of the place. As I observe the crowd populating the bar, it hits me.

"Yugyeom... Why did you take me to a place with men making out in every corner?" I ask, trying to keep my composure.

"The ambiance here is so much better than the one in other bars. Plus, with Jackson taking up all of my time, I needed an excuse to visit my holy spot again."

Without even letting me protest, the selfish scum starts walking towards the counter and drags me with him by the hand. As I feel the men's gazes falling on me one by one, I start wondering if I should write "I'M STRAIGHT" on my forehead.
We sit down. A true regular, Yugyeom calls up one of the waiters by his name.

"Oi, Jin ! Come over here !" He shouts.

Startled, an extremely good looking guy approaches us with a smile

Startled, an extremely good looking guy approaches us with a smile. Broad shoulders, pastel pink hair, plump lips. He puts down the drinks he was holding and hugs Yugyeom. He then stares at me for a few seconds before suddenly looking back at Yugyeom, as if he realized something.

"Is this the famous straight best friend? He is truly as handsome as you said. Not as much as me though." He claims before sending out a hand kiss to both of us and laughing loudly.

"Right, right you are worldwide handsome, Jin. Now more importantly... Can you bring him?"

Jin's expression suddenly changes and a smirk appears on his face. They both look at me with evil grins. I smell trouble.

"Are you trying to ruin the poor Jungkook?" Jin mocks.

"No, no, just showing him what heaven looks like..." Yugyeom mutters.

Jin stares at me for a bit. I feel more and more weirded out by this conversation and decide to pick up one of the drinks Jin put down. Screw him, it's his fault for letting alcohol on display in front of a depressed fired man. Jin doesn't seem to care.

"You know that he's exactly his type, right?"

Yugyeom licks his lips and nods. Jin then hugs us goodbye and disappears behind a door near the counter, leaving the drinks next to us. What a clumsy waiter. Well, I'm not complaining.
Yugyeom then tells me he needs to go to the bathroom and leaves. I felt a weird tone in his voice, as if he was mocking me.

As I pick up my second drink, Jin emerges behind the counter, followed by another bartender.
I suddenly feel shivers down my spine.