XIII

Five months later

On this day, October the 13th, Jimin turns 26. It's a little over 7 pm and we're celebrating his birthday at the bar. All the guys are here, including Jackson and Yugyeom. I think about all the things that happened in the past five months, since the first day we met. I have been making a lot more money since I started managing the restaurant, although the job takes up a lot of my time. Jimin and I have been so busy with our professional lives that we barely had time to meet. But we solved that problem. After Jimin made the terrible mistake of visiting my tiny, messy apartment against my will, he was horrified. I quote: "A fancy restaurant owner should not live in a shithole like this, you're moving out."

So on my 24th birthday, out of all the normal gifts any normal boyfriend could normally give, he gave me spare keys to his house. When I tried to refuse, he mentioned the time when I jokingly asked him to buy me an apartment and told me his house was a lot better. Honestly, it was an easy choice to make. I was already practically living there, as I spent more time at his house than in my apartment. We've been living together for a little over a month now. Talk about moving too fast... But let's be real here, we moved way too fast on the very first time we met, so screw it.

Lost in my thoughts, I am suddenly startled by Taehyung slapping my butt. That's also a thing I forgot to mention. Out of everyone else, I got surprisingly close to Taehyung in a rather strange way. Jimin keeps teasing me about it, but jokes on him because I know deep down he's jealous. Ah, the sweet, sweet taste of revenge.

"Whatever you're thinking about, drop it and focus on your cute boyfriend here. Unless you're thinking about screwing me, then please go right ahead." Taehyung laughs.

At this point I can never know if he's joking or not and I honestly don't even care anymore. That's just how strange our relationship is.

I follow his advice and focus on Jimin. With his birthday hat and his giant cake on the table, he looks like a little child. I can't help but smile looking at him giggle with excitement. Everyone else is here. We all start chanting "Happy birthday to you" in a really, really cheesy manner. Jimin can't stop laughing at Yoongi as he sings in a high pitched, terrible voice. Namjoon's attempt at doing a falsetto miserably fails and Jimin laughs even harder.

I truly love him. With every day that passes, I fall deeper and harder for him. When the chanting finally ends, everyone tells him to make a wish. Jimin immediately looks at me and smiles. I feel a shiver run down my spine. Five months, and his smile still makes me melt. He bites his lip and glances at me one last time before blowing on the candles. Hoseok hugs him tight.

"Jiminie is growing uuuuup!" He squeals.

I've never seen Jimin so happy. My smile widens the more I look at him. His joy truly is contagious. Still in Hoseok's arms, he manages to grab a knife and starts cutting the cake. He then serves everyone a piece except Jin. No, obviously Jin gets four fucking pieces. I will never forget the day he asked me to play music for him while he dramatically ate loads of food along with the rythm.

My life got completely turned upside down after I met Jimin, and I never would've thought I'd ever be at a point like this in my life. I'm 24, owner of a pricey restaurant, and I'm deeply in love with a man.

Once we're all done eating, Yugyeom and I look at each other. Bestfriend telepathy makes us both smile, and he nods. It's time. I grab Jimin's hand and pull him up. He stands up, giving me a suspicious look. He has no idea what's going on. I've been preparing this moment for weeks. I cough loudly, making everyone sit silently. They all know what's about to happen. Jimin starts looking scared, clearly anxious about being the only one in the dark.