10

The blue haired girl looks at me with a smile plastered on her face "Michelle I'm so glad to see you" she said as she walks towards me. Looking at her and knowing that she was here made my eyes roll in the back of my head and everything went black.

I was sitting in the corner of my room shaking because Halsey was angry again and when she's angry I always get hurt. Mentally and emotionally.

"God Lauren are you stupid" she asked harshly "did you really think it was ok to tell my mom where I am?"

I was shaking in fear "Ashley I'm sorry-"

"Hasley" she screams "my name is Hasley!"

I quickly nodded my head as I held my knees closer to my chest as I tried to make myself as small as possible. Hasley huffs "thanks to you I'm going to get in trouble. I hope you're happy with yourself you stupid slut" she spat before storming out of my room. A lone tear ran down my cheek at her words. I really hate when she does that to me. I don't think she knows how much her words hurt me.

-

I woke up the next morning with tears in my eyes. She's back. The girl who broke me in more ways than I could have ever imagined is back. Why is she back.

"Lauren are you ok" Normani's sweet voice asked.

I shook my head and clung on to her as I cried my eyes out. Normani held me close and rubbed my back as I continued to ball my eyes out. Another pair of arms wrapped around my waist and hugged me as well as I continue to cry.

"Baby can you tell us who that girl was" Normani asked softly.

I sniffled "her name's Ashley but she goes by Halsey...she's my ex girlfriend" my voice shook as I spoke "sh-she wasn't the best girlfriend. W-when she was mad she would yell at me and tell me how worthless and stupid I was. She never laid her hands on me, she-she didn't treat me well that was one of the main reason why we broke. The other was because she moved" I told her.

"Do you think she's here because she want you back" Dinah asked curiously.

I shrugged "I-I don't know but I'm scared" I admitted "I'm scared because we didn't end well and I-I think she might do something to me" I cried out. Dinah and Normani held me close to them as I cried. "Baby we promise you that we'll never let her hurt you" Normani says. "We promise that we'll protect you no matter what" Dinah adds. I nodded as I snuggled further in to them. I need them more than ever right now.

-

It's been a week since I've seen Halsey and honestly it makes me nervous to not know where she is because she could pop out of nowhere and that terrifies me.

"Michelle!"

I froze when I heard her voice and walked faster. "Halsey, please stay away" I stuttered frighteningly. She sighs sadly "Lauren, please. I-I just wanted to talk" she said, her voice broke as she spoke. I turned to her and frowned when I saw the tears in her eyes "Fine Ashley let's talk" I said.

"First I wanted to start off by apologizing, you didn't deserve what I put you through," her bottom lips trembles "Lauren you were so good to me and you treated me like I actually meant something to you and all I did was take my anger out on you, which you did deserve" she tells me "I know sorry isn't going to make up for everything I did to you but it's the best I can do right now. Can you ever forgive me?"

I sighed as I looked down at my shoes "why did you do it Ashley? Why did you treat me like that" I asked. Halsey sighs "I uh I have bipolar disorder" she answered "one minute I'll be fine and then the next I can just snap at the drop of a hat and my anger with just get the best of me" she explains.

It all made sense now. This explains why her mood could go from zero to hundred just like that. "Uh how did you fine this out" I asked cautiously. Halsey rubbed the back of her neck nervously "uh my mom made me get tested after my most recent outburst three months ago" she tells me "they put me on medication."

I don't know why I pulled her in for a hug but I did. I guess after not knowing for two years and finally getting my answer as to why she treated me the way she did. I guess I was ready to forgive her and I did. After holding on to the hurt, the anger and confusion I was finally able to let it go and forgive her. I finally forgave her.

-

I was sitting on the couch with my head in Normani's lap and my feet in Dinah's as Normani played with my hair soft. "Ashley talked to me today" I said randomly. Dinah and Normani looked at me "what did she do? Lauren did she hurt" Dinah asked angrily.

I shook my head "no she didn't hurt me she apologized and...well I forgave her because I understand why she was so angry all of the time" I told her. "Why was she so angry" Normani asked. "She's bipolar" I answered quietly.

They both nodded "did you forgive her" Dinah asked. "Yeah I did. I did because I finally got the answers I was looking for" I told her. They smiled at me "well as long are you're ok that's all that matters to us" Normani said honestly. I smiled and kissed them both "you guys are amazing. I love you" I said. They kissed my cheeks "we love too Lauren!"