Chapter 4: See you next year

The remainder of the year remained fairly tame, Well for Valerie anyways. There was a large commotion amongst Harry and his close friends. Valerie decided not to get involved, partly because she had so much work to catch up on after her time in the hospital wing, but also because she spent most of her time either with Zara or in the Library, she didn't have much time for adventure, even for a first year! Valarie did pick up a new favourite lesson though, despite all odds she began to love Potions. Now that Draco and Valerie could work in peace together, Snape started being more kind towards Valerie, as he always favoured Draco in class. Draco and Valerie still werent very close, however Valerie couldn't deny having a crush on him, especially after how kind he was when she was in the hospital wing. They didn't talk much, although they were friendly, some might say slightly flirty. Although Valerie denied that.

On their last Potions lesson of the year, they had a fun potion to make, well fun to Valerie anyways, but then again she loved to learn. Draco got stuck with making the thickness of the potion right, it was way to runny, almost like water.

"Bruisey, I can't do it right, help me" Said Malfoy, he had become a lot more kind to Valerie, but he couldn't shake the nickname, although it didn't bother Valerie as much anymore, as he never said it to intentially hurt her feelings.

"Fine, Mousey, despite the fact you didn't say the magic word, You need to stir it slowly whilst adding the herbs, you do it way to fast" Replied Valerie, as she nudged him playfully. As the lesson went on, nothing very exciting happened, although rumour spread that Harry is in the hospital wing over because of Professor Quirell, or what people thought was Professor Quirell. As class drew to an end Valerie picked up her things she felt a note slip into her pocket, she looked up and almost everyone had left the classroom. She opened it up to see a short note saying 'See you next year, Bruisey', Followed by a scribbled down love heart. Valerie felt a wave of affection fall over her, she was starting to fall for Draco, and Fall hard.