24.0

Day of the protest.

Ebony

I sat in my room, contemplating weather if I should go. Everybody was blowing up my phone, I didn't even bother to pick it up. I just feel that I'm trapped like I can't let go. But also I'm tired of feeling sorry for myself.

I want to be happy,

I walked up to where the protest was, it was a crowd a huge crowd. Just full of people recording, with their signs.
I never seen something like that. I seen all my best friends there Hunter, Rymia, Sophia, and Dom. Making a difference.

"Justice for the great," The crowd chanted

I'm standing in the back of the crowd of people looking and listening  to Hunter and his words. l seen all my friends in the back supporting him, I seen Keith nodding his head to the words, he was on the other side of the crowd

I decided to walk through the crowd. Everyone got quite, I felt eyes on me "I'm here!" I exclaImed.

"Ebony?" Hunter questioned. I looked at Keith, I seen him smiling. Everyone else was shocked.

"I'm here, I'm ready.." I walked in front of Hunter. Hunter nodded and stepped back.

"Hello E-everyone," I cleared my throat. 

"Ebony Latimore, I know you guys probably heard of that name around campus. You most likely heard what happened in the recent events," I said. I took a pause, I looked at the crowd everyone was looking around. And I spotted  Ms. Wilfred, she gave me a signal  to keep going.

"And I'm here to say..That we need to come together to fight this issue. Because it happens everyday to women and men around this world." I said. 

"I'm not going to stand there and let this continue especially being a victim myself.. I want to let them and..Myself know it's going to be okay. That we're going to get back up, hold our heads up high.  And say that it's not me, I matter. No one is going to take you're rights away from me! Male or female,"

"I'm an 18 year old black woman, that's in college making herself a business woman. Setting an example for my sisters. After that happen I thought my life was over.. But I'm telling you that I'm tired of feeling bad for myself. I actually want to help people go has gone through this especially people going to college. Justice for the great, justice for the great!" I yelled with my fist up. The crowd started chanting

I started to smile, a genuine one. I haven't had one of those in a while. I actually feel happy to do this. I feel like a huge weight is off my shoulders. I feel like I  made a difference. Everyone started to walk up beside me, and cheer beside me. 

"Thank you," Hunter whispered in my ear lowly. I smiled at him, I felt so powerful.

The protest was just about ending, we were taking pictures with everyone who were there.

"Thank you Ebony," The woman I took the picture said. Someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and

It was Odell with flowers roses, I was in shocked.

"You did really good up there," He handed me flowers

"Uh, I-I have no words.." I took them from his hand. "Thank you..."

"Ebony I-" That's when Keith came up to me and kissed my cheek.

"Hey babe, nice flowers.." Keith said. I smiled to Keith, he wrapped his  arm was around my shoulder.

"Oh they're from-" I looked at Odell. Keith looked at him,

"Her ex," Odell interrupted me.

"That's right?" Keith questioned

"Yeah man, we use to date in high school. Old days,"

"I ain't never seen you before, you go here?" Keith asked

"Nah, I go to Kent. I got a friend who go here, who told me about this protest.."

"Mhm," Keith nodded, I felt the awkwardness coming.

"So um, were going to get going. Nice seeing you again Odell.." I said quickly,  trying to turn around.

"Man we going out to eat, would you like to come?" Keith asked

"Nah man, but thanks though" Odell responded

"Cool"

"Nice meeting you and nice seeing you Ebony," Odell said walking backwards winking at me.

"Um?" I said to myself, Keith and I turned around and start walking back.

"Awkward?" Keith asked

"Uh you think," I stated

"You'll be aight," Keith laughed. "I'm proud of you, you did something out of you're comfort zone. That's really big,"

"Thank you Keith," I grabbed his face and stood on my toes to kiss him. "Ya giant,"

Hey GUYS, New update! I'm so excited to give you guys this update the wait is over finally. Next chapter is going to be, can't even explain it.

I have 6 chapters left, it's almost over. I'm sad, but im still on the fence of a sequel for this book. That's beside the point

thank you all for the support, I really appreciate it.

Please Excuse typos

Much luvvv
Van❤