2.0

I walked on campus, with music in my ears. "To see a prophecy, your ebony tone is lockin me. The way you moan make me daydream of you on top of me" I rapped in my head.

I always loved this song and the message behind it. Black girl lost by Nas. I decided to go to the library and check out some books. I walked in the building, the library lady, smiled and gave me a wave.

I looked around, for some books to keep me occupied. I picked up a book it was "Decoded by Jay Z," A book that I've been looking for years.

"You read that too?" A feminine voice asked me, I turned around it was this pretty dark skin girl that had 3b/3c curly hair. Her skin was clear it looked so smooth

 Her skin was clear it looked so smooth

"Uh, no. I actually been looking for it.." I answered

"Oh, really.. It's a good book, by the way you are very pretty." She smiled.

"Thank you, you are too like really. You are gorgeous," I said, she smiled.

We walked to a table, and sat down.

"So what's your name?" She asked

"Ebony," I replied.

"I love that name like I always loved that named that was great grandmother's name. Oh well my name is Sue. Yeah it's kind of a granny name," She explained

"No, No, it fits you perfectly," I nodded

"Thank you,"

"So what's your major?" I asked,

"African Studies," She said with confidence,

"Wow, how is it?" I asked with curiosity.

I've always been interested in my background as a black woman but seeing other people pursuing it, amazes me.

"I love it, honestly. Like I feel like I'm going to learn so much," She said.

"Wow," I smiled, I looked at my watch it was time for me to go to class number two.

"I gotta go, Sue. I have another class" I said getting up,

"Oh okay, it was nice meeting you Ebony," She said with a wave and smile.

I went to the counter where the librarian was, I checked out the book. I waved at Sue, and left the library.

-

I went to my second class, and went home to the apartment. I walked in the door and saw Rymia and some guy.

"Hey Rymia..Who is this?" I said with a surprise look, usually Rymia isn't the type that would have guys around.

Because they're a distraction, so seeing this guy with her is surprising. "This is Darius, we met in class today," she said introducing him.

"Hi Darius, I'm Ebony. I am Rymia's best friend," I introduced myself

"You're Ebony, she was just talking about you. Y'all are both gorgeous," He said, with a smile.

Darius is a medium height, darkskin, handsome guy, he was super charming. It's surprising that Rymia would even stand next to a guy liked him, she would go with somebody that was pretty nerdy.

"Darius..Stop it," She smiled, playfully slapping his shoulder.

"Hey, well I'm going to go to sleep you two have fun." I walked into my bedroom, and went to sleep.

Next Day

I didn't have class, today. So I decided to have a chill day, my mom FaceTime me. I answered "Hey mom," I said.

She waved "Hey EB..How's college so far?" She asked

"So far, so good. I'm enjoying Howard right now, how is everything back home?" I asked. She rolled her eyes, "Nothing, your sisters are arguing to see who is going to take your room," she groan

"Oh my gosh, tell them that I said, my room is still my room." I said.

I got up, from my bed. "Mom, have you spoken to my grandmother?" I asked. She scrunched her face up, when I asked. "No..But I was told that she already knows you left for college," I answered.

My mom and my grandmother on my father's side they don't have the best relationship.

"Wow..Well mom. I'll call you back..love you," I said

"Okay, love you too." She hung up, I left out my room and went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I walked out of the bathroom into the living room and saw Rymia eating Eggos.

"Hey EB," she said while covering up her mouth while chewing.

"Hey girl, so..what were you doing with Darius last night." I asked wiggling my eyebrows. She started to slightly smile,

"YOU LIKE HIM?!" I asked. She started to shake her head. "Nooo, I just met Darius. I invited him, because he was going to help me with the work." she explained.

"Mhm." I said, she rolled her eyes. She got up and put her plate in the trash. "Darius is actually a nerd believe it or not..." She added.

"Oh really..." I said with my eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, We're going to hang out on Saturday with his friends. Would you like to come?" She asked

"Yeah, but I see you Miss Rymia," I said.