Chapter 7

Courtney's P.O.V.

I could hear a small voice speaking beside me and i felt something warm in my right hand as i slowly opened my eyes to see it was Olivia. "Courtney? Your awake!!" She stood up and looked at me to make sure it was real. "What........happened?" I asked her. "Okay, what do you remember??"

"I remember. Drowning. My foot got stuck and i ran out of air." I said. "And?? Anything else???" "I saw Shayne for a second and everything went dark again." Honestly i thought it was a dream, like the last face i wanted to see before i die was Shayne. "What happened?" I asked again. "Shayne saved you." I opened my eyes more when i heard he saved me.

"What? How?" "I don't know. He just asked me where we're you and he just ran to the ocean and came back with you in his arms." When she said it, it made me smile and fluttered i mean come on. Having the man of your dreams saving you from near death experience? "Where is he right now?" I asked.

"He asked me to look after you for now. he went out for some errand." I nodded and just looked at the ceiling. "Everyone knows your awake." Olivia said and i saw her on her phone. "They're all coming over." I nodded again. "I told you he likes you." I broke out of my trance and looked at her.

"He's just being a good friend, Olivia." I was still in denial of everything. Because if he really likes me i'm gonna wait for him to say it. I don't want to be turned down and repeat the cycle of heartbreak again. Minutes later the entire gang had arrived except for one person. "Where's Shayne?" I asked to all of them.

"We thought he was still here." Wes said and they nodded. "All of them replied to my texts besides Shayne." I got a bit disheartened because i thought he wanted to be the first of the guys to see me awake. "Don't worry about Shayne, he's probably exhausted for the day." Ian said.

"Yeah out of everyone he was the one who freaked out the most." Mari said. "Not to mention, if it wasn't for him you'd be gone right now." Anthony finished. "A new ship has been made in the harbor ready to sail!" Joven shouted and we all laughed.

"So Courtney, tomorrow's your birthday anything special you want to do?" Olivia asked. "I think i would spend my day tomorrow at office." "You sure your ready to come back to work?" Ian asked. "Yeah it's a special day for me tomorrow so the best way for me to spend it is with you guys" they all awwed at me gave me a hug.

After that was done, Ian checked his phone. "Guys let's go home, we got work to do tomorrow. and let's give Courtney some rest." The guys nodded and they left one by one. "I'll pick you up tomorrow kay?" Olivia said. "Okay." I smiled and she left with the others.

Ian's P.O.V.

After our group hug with Courtney my phone vibrated so i checked it out.

S: Ian tell the gang to buy something for Courtney's Birthday tomorrow. And if possible help me set up the office, DO NOT tell Courtney.

I giggled for what Shayne said because it may not look like it but he's definitely efforting for Courtney. i am man in a relationship so Shayne really wants her. "Guys let's go home we got work to do, and let's Courtney take a rest." When everyone got out, i told everyone about what Shayne texted me.

I expected for them to freak or get anything suspicious about Shayne liking on Courtney, but surprisingly they didn't. "Wait you guys knew he likes her???" Anthony and i asked. "Come on man, it's pretty obvious. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to notice how Shayne and Courtney likes each other but won't admit." Keith spoke on behalf of everyone.

"So what do you guys say? Shall we help our man Shayne for this?" I asked to them. "Not just Shayne. For Shourtney!!" Lasercorn shouted and everyone shouted Yeah.