Chapter six:

The next morning Sienna found Dawn in the armoury at the table with books spread out in front of her. “What are you doing” Dawn looked up from her chair and pushed her hair back out of her eye’s. “Reading what does it look like” she grinned and Sienna was glad to see her in a better mood then last night.

   Walking over she picked up a book and glanced at it, the text was in some other language. “What is this about” and Dawn leaned over and glanced at the book and smiled and shook her head. “Dragons” and Sienna looked at the book in her hands before placing it back on the table.

  “Your really going to send them back” it was Dawns turn to look at her with a frown and then put the book she was reading back on the table before turning to look at her niece. “They must go back Sienna; we cannot hinder the paths that are set in motion. Your feelings for Kili, are true but this is not about what we want” Sienna clenched her hand into a fist on the table.

  “What about you and your feelings for Thorin” she demanded and Dawn stared at her with sadness in her eyes. “Thorin is meant for the throne of Durin, I am but a shield maiden Sienna” and sighed knowing just how Sienna felt towards Kili for her feelings for Thorin were very much the same.

  “It’s not fair, why we should remain behind in this age, while they...” Sienna trailed off at the look that Dawn was giving her. “We are at the bidding of another right now Sienna, you forget that our wishes are naught. We are tasked with making sure Thorin lives to take the throne at Erebor.” Dawn stared at the frustration in Sienna’s eyes and felt her stomach tighten.

   “And what happens to us when he does” Dawn looked considerately at Sienna and shrugged but Sienna just stared at her as if not seeing her and her face paled. “Sienna, what is it” Dawn asked getting up and coming to stand in front of her with her hands on her shoulders. Dawn peered into Sienna’s face afraid of what she was seeing, and then Sienna’s eye’s cleared and was staring right into hers and she fell to her knees clutching Dawn as tears pooled.

  “May Unnur protect you” Sienna sobbed and Dawn guided her to a chair and sat her down. Kneeling down to look into Sienna’s face as tears ran down her cheeks Dawn was afraid to ask her what she had seen. “What” she hesitated as tears rolled down Sienna’s cheeks and Dawn bowed her head aware that she had possibly witnessed what Unnur had told her.

   “My child, do not be afraid for me” and Dawn took Siennas chin and made her look at her. “You are the only mother I know, how am I to let you fall into shadow” Dawn wiped a tear away and smiled. “Sienna, my love for you will endure no matter where I am, do not be afraid for me” Dawn tried to smile as Sienna hugged her.

   Unknown to both women Fili stood out in the hallway listening, his face dark and his heart going cold. He sighed and turned and walked back the way he had come with knowledge that something very bad was going to happen once they left.

     Fili walked out into the kitchen to where Kili sat mending a tear in his shirt and glanced up at his brother. Kili paused seeing the shocked look that was on his brothers face and looked down the hall wondering.

 “What is it Fili” Kili asked as Fili walked over to the counter and stood in silence looking out the window. Putting the shirt on the table Kili stood and went over to his brother noting that Fili had his head bowed in his hand. He stopped and put his hand on his shoulder.

  “What is it” he asked in a whisper and Fili looked up with sadness and Kili really got worried. “Dawn” Kili stared at him and shook his head in confusion “What about her” Fili turned and stared into his brothers brown eye’s “She’s to fall” and Kili stared in utter shock.