Chapter Fifteen:

It was dark by the time they arrived back in Erebor with Sienna on the make shift stretcher carried by Kili and Fili. They appeared in Thorins outer chamber where they had left from earlier with Gandalf sitting in a chair by the table.

   He stood when they arrived and narrowed his eyes at Thorin who had a very dark look on his face. “Kili and Fili take Sienna into the spare chamber I’ll call for the healers” and Gandalf stared at the young woman who was unconscious and pale on the stretcher and had a dirty blanket covering her.

  “Thorin what has happened” Gandalf asked while following Thorin who strode to the table and laid a bloody sword on it. Gazing at the sword then to where Thorin stood with his back to him while he went to the bell pull and yanked on it hard enough to almost pull it down.

  A loud gong sound echoed down the carved shaft and could be heard echoing in the caverns below. “I should have never left them, I should have...” his voice was hard and troubled.

   A knock sounded at the door and Thorin strode over to answer it and a Dwarf female stood patiently and bowed her head to him. “I need the best healer you can find, bring them here and don’t dally” he spoke and she nodded and turned and dashed away.

  Fili came out of the other room and looked like he was going to be sick; Thorin turned and looked at him. “It’s bad” he asked and Fili nodded and Gandalf strode into the other room. Fili sat down at the table and put his head in his hands as Thorin watched him and then turned and walked into the spare chamber where they had taken Sienna.

   She lay on the bed in soiled clothing and Gandalf had removed the lower part of the pants to reveal a gruesome injury.

   Sienna’s left leg had been twisted around and the bone had snapped just above the knee, her thigh was black and the swelling. “I need you both to leave, and give me time I might be able to help her” and Kili shook his head. “No, I’m staying” and Thorin crossed the room and layed a hand on Kili’s shoulder.

  “You can’t help her now Kili, let Gandalf try” and Thorin saw the agony in his nephews face as he looked down into the face of Sienna.  “Come Kili” and Thorin lead him out of the room and shut the door and brought him to the table and sat him down in a chair.

  “Thorin, there is something I have to tell you” Kili spoke at Thorin as he crossed the room to a cabinet where he kept some liquor.

“What is it Kili, it cannot be any worse then what we have dealt with already” he replied as he poured them both a drink and came back to sit at the table and slide the drink across to him.

  Kili didn’t know how to tell his uncle that they had known that the attack was going to happen. Fili who had left the room by the other door returned with a plate of food and Dwalin and Balin also were with him.

   “Thorin who is that girl, and what does she mean” Dwalin asked as he pulled a chair up and slumped into it resting his hands across his chest. Thorin glanced at him and drank and then put the empty cup back on the table.

   Before he could say anything Balin spoke up from where he stood by the hearth “You spoke of them as the last of Unnur’s Line” Thorin glanced over at him and got up to refill his glass. “They are” he replied and went and sat back down and glanced at the sword he had made Dawn.

    “Unnur’s line that is just a myth” Dwalin spoke and Kili looked at him and shook his head. “No Dwalin, tis not, Alatariel is the last true heir to Unnurs line, and she changed her name to Dawn after escaping capture. When Thorin got injured by Azog she intervened and we spent weeks in their home while Thorin healed. Near the end Fili overheard a conversation between Sienna and her aunt. It had come to her that she was to fall into darkness” Thorin stared at him in rage and stood sending his glass across the table to shatter on the floor.