3.

head resting on the window pane, she sang a soft tune under her breath. she fidget around with the stick in between her fingers. contemplating if she should skip a day tonight. but then again, it was an addiction. the space in the apartment was suffocating, especially having to share the little room with her three younger siblings. the white walls was slowly fading color to dull. she made a mental note to repaint it.

yet again, another note flew inside her room. till today, she didn't know who was the one that kept throwing these planes inside her room. it was a little bit terrifying and full of questions.

and again, she pointed towards the dustbin that's already filled with paper planes.

puffs of smoke released from her mouth and a small smile tugged on her lips when she start to see the light. at east, a mixture of tangerine and yellow on the horizon under a cyan blue made it's way up.

the dark replaces to light and the seeping of sun from her window made her pale skin glimmer.

she took a last look of herself on the mirror, before hiding the box deep inside her school bag.

"good morning rose."

the way her name rolled out of his tongue sounded so perfect and honey-like. she yearned to keep hearing it.

"good morning jungkook!"

"today's the competition isn't it?"

"yes it is. i was told that the other team won the cup for three consecutive years. that's another load to add on my shoulder."

he chuckled nervously. he averted his eyes towards the girl beside him, who was kicking pebbles along the way.

"i trust that you'll play well. forget what others say. you do you. getting the cup or not, it doesn't matter. you're still a winner in my eyes."

she wasn't able to control the things she spoke. it came out too fast for her to take it back. she laughed lightly, trying to hide away the embarrassment she felt. jungkook could only do nothing other than smile and appreciate her beautiful words.

it made him feel better. his recent worries washed away as soon as he embraced the girl with a big hug. her breathing hitch at the sudden gesture. she was too in dazed to what was happening. but then again. all good things had to come to an end when he part himself away from her and gave her a small wave, blending into the crowds in the hallway.