8.

"my head's in the game, but my heart's in the song...she makes it feel so right."

he sang his lungs out, darting towards the right as he bounce the ball. rose reached her hands up successfully defending.

"really, high school musical?" she said under her rapid breathing, as she wiped the sweat on her forehead.

"i'd be the troy bolton to your gabriella montez."

he swerved the other way, jumping and finally scoring. he leaped in triumph making rose sighing in displease. she lay down in the middle of the court as the 'game' made her worn out. it was tiring, especially having to play with the star player in the team.

he told her it was just playing around. but it felt like a match to her.

"giving up already? come on! we're not even on half time yet."

"as much as my lungs are pitch black now, i still do think i need oxygen. let me breathe..."

he lied down beside her, goofing around with the ball on his hands. he suddenly felt awkward as the subject of smoking came up. truth be told, he never liked the smell of smoking, neither does he like the idea of it.

"take this." he nudged on her arm, handing her a gum in green wrapper.

"gum?"

"nah. that's sushi."

she rolled her eyes at him, whose reply has always been full of sarcasm since earlier. she unwrapped it, engulfed in the taste of mint in her mouth.

"why'd you give me?"

"i know i don't have the right to tell you what to do and what not to do. but as someone who care, i can't just do nothing and let you kill yourself slowly."

"jungkook, every second you're a step closer to death. so why not speed up the process huh?"

"fine. what ever. but you know, as long as i am alive i'll help you stop."

rose turned her face to the side as she stared at jungkook whose eyes stay fixed on the ceiling. he was mesmerizing and definitely enthralling. she felt like she was so attached to the feeling of being in love with him that even the tiniest bit of thing he does completely swaying her further into the abyss.