9.

when the city's asleep, these two were the ones awake. when the roads only lit with street lights lamp, they toss paper planes at each other. at times, it flew away due to the light wind. and when it happens, they can't help but laugh as they watch the way the paper drifted to the other direction.

it felt the first time in forever that she forget to wake her best friend up. that she forget to inhale the nicotine air. that night, she was busily jotting down poems and replies to the kid next door. she had a hunch the person was a boy. the way the person's handwriting is sprawled on the plain paper made her think that.

the boy on the other hand, feared being seen. suddenly his insecurities was creeping up on him. because of his self consciousness, he was careful not to let her see him.

moon is falling down outside the metropolis walls
she's glowing like the beautiful rays of sun
like the cherry on my cigarette
she could be the calming wind
or the sudden relentless squalls

she didn't understand the poetry but she thought it sounded nice. both were glad that none of them had ask anything about themselves. basically just strangers who met on paper planes, connecting with each other while awaiting for the sun to perk up.

she didn't mind the wind was messing up her hair in all sorts of direction. she didn't care about the frost because she was happy when she see the daylight. it made her happy.

he, on the other side was blowing the sweet scent of candle arrange on the shelves. singing a light tune under his breath, a small smile tug on his lips when he see the number of paper planes on the side of his bed. he'd be lying if he say since the first time he threw it, he wasn't waiting for a reply. it took her 11 days to do so, but he didn't mind.

maybe because he yearned for company in his last few days. when only the moon reflects himself, he knew she was awake. the toxic smell always filled the air in his room, because of her. sometimes he'll cringe slightly due to the pungent smell. but he was slowly getting used to it.

grabbing a small basketball at the corner, he aimed towards the mini hoop doing a free throw. till he was satisfied, he stopped and proceeded to his monotonous day except for practice time.