5.

the hue of horizon made her smile a little. she had always been the one to love sunrise. it was as though it gave her hope to start her day right. she took a peek at the amount of paper planes filling up the can to the brim.

that day was different. she didn't get any and she can't help but wonder why. she made assumptions that it was her neighbor on the side. but she had no idea who.

curiosity finally gets the best of her, when she finally starts to rummage through the bin and scattering the pieces of paper on the floor.

there was a total of 11 paper planes. she thought it was kind of cute. how each day the papers were different in color. some were even folded messily. one of them had a smiley sticker stick onto it.

gently picking up one of them, she open it up.

hello. i hope you had a good day.

that was sort of random, she thought.

at the bottom end of the paper wrote the three letters. j. j. k.

could it be the person's initials? or was there a meaning behind those letters? she shrugged and carefully folding it back and proceed to the next one.

what does smoking feels like?

the rest of the notes were all words of motivation. most of them, telling her to quit smoking but there was only one that capture her attention.

to the ones who truly see
and to the ones who learn
may the one you loved
loves you in return -jjk

she thinks that little words like this was beautiful. she always had a knack and love for poems. and even a short and simple poem like this made her frown upside down.

rose shut the window down, making a mental reminder in her head to reply the poem to the anonymous. she had a thought that maybe, the person wasn't the her neighbor right beside her flat but realizing she had nothing to lose, she knew it was worth the shot.