Part 18

"This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder board before it was trashed." Kevin said as he pinned up the last picture.

Jughead stared at and absent-mindedly asked, "Any leads on who did that, and what they were looking for?"

"Nope, no finger prints." Kevin answered, turning towards Betty, "They stole a bunch of files background checks and all the video and audio tapes of the police interviews."

I turned to Jughead and was about to say something when the door opened.

"Hey, Betty" the boy smiled.

Of course this boy was Trevor and I knew him very well.  We were sat next to each other and social studies, which lead to me tipping Betty off and  telling her he was good friends with Jason.

"Trev! Hi!" She smiled back at him.

"Sorry to interrupt."

Jughead gave me the "who is he?" look, which I ignored.

"Uh, no it's okay we're just working on our, uh-"

Jughead cut Betty off, "Our murder board."

Trevor looked confused, as expected, and attempted to brush over the subject.

"Well, I just wanted to.make sure we were still in for tomorrow."

Betty plastered another signature smile on her face.

"Absolutely, it's a date."

Kevin raised his eyebrows immediately, along with Jughead.

He left with and awkward goodbye leaving Betty getting differing looks from the two boys.

"Going on a date with Trev?" Kevin asked rhetorically, "Does Mama Cooper know about that?"

"Kev, I'm not in house arrest."

We all eyeballed her causing her to break.

"Okay, she's out of town on a Women In Journalism spa retreat." She quickly changed the subject, " Anyway, it's not a 'date' date."

Jughead blinked, "You just called it a date. You literally said it's a date."

"It's a cover, Trevor knew Jason so she seeing of there is anything she can get out of him." I finally spike up.

Betty silently thanked me, but slowly let the small fall as she saw Jughead "discreetly" grab my hand.

"Let's go somewhere."

-3:00 pm-

"Why'd you want to leave?" I asked him.

We were walking around the town, doing absolutely nothing.

"Eh, I don't know."

I bit my lip and asked the question I had been dying to ask.

"Was it because of Betty and her date?"

He stopped walking and stepped in front of me.

"What? No, why would I want to leave because of Betty?"

"Well maybe you like her or something and you didnt want to be there when Trevor was around." I mumbled.

He sighed and grabbed my hands.

"Mari, I don't like Betty." I looked away but he put his hand on my cheek, causing me to turn back to him. "But I don't like you either."