Chapter 3

The dance went on forever, I could vomit from the amount of times we have spun around. Samuel continued to 'talk me up' about his father and how he feels about the economy. I wanted to yawn and walk away but my dad was eyeballing the whole conversation. I could also see his father doing the same, looking like he was proud of him. If only they knew that my parents want Isabella here not me.

"Are you alright Kate? You seem distracted."  He said pulling me closer to him. I just cleared my throat not really knowing what to do.

"Step aside time for this old sailor to have a song." Timothy stood there and I let out a sigh of relief.

"Why of course Timothy." Samuel glanced back at me and smiled kissing my cheek.

"I'll see you after." He said pulling away. Tim grabbed my waist as we started to sway to the music.

"Delightful man." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"He thinks that because I danced with him for one song he could kiss me?" I said watching him walk over to my father, most likely to talk about me and the like always father would change the subject to Isabella trying to get him to think twice about me.

"Oh he's one of those ones," Tim said thinking over every other idiot trying to get my attention.

"Yep he's one of them," I mumbled still looking in that direction. Tim spun us around so he could see what I was staring at.

"You know staring is rude Miss Johnson." He spoke raising an eyebrow. I laughed a little.

"And you must know that if his father lets him  talk to me after this song then my dad will let Samuel do whatever with me." Timothy cocked an eyebrow at me.

"It's never gotten to that miss." I shook my head.

"It's never been father's trading partner." My mumbled was almost not heard but Timothy stood stiffer. I spun again and I watched the boy come back over.

"Stand your ground miss Johnson even if his your father's trading partners son." Timothy lightly spoke into my ear as Samuel came to a stop in front of me. 

"Enjoyed your dance with your friend?" He said glancing at Timothy who was standing behind me. I nodded and I heard Timothy roll his eyes behind me and walk off, knowing he wasn't wanted right now. 

"Can we talk in private?" He asked this could go two ways. Father was still watching so I nodded. Grabbing me by my hand and pulled me across the dance floor and up the stair where I came from earlier tonight.  I tried my best to keep my distance from him, but it was hard with him holding onto my hand tightly. As he led me down the hall he stopped, his eyes almost glowed in the dark hall. The sun was set and only lit candles showed the way down the corridor. 

"I was wondering, where's your room?" I swallowed a heavy gulp. 

"Uhh, this way Mr. Samuel." I was just able to remove my hand from his so I could move down the hall towards my room. Turning the doors handle he seemed to happy to come into my room. we stepped into my room and I switched on the light. He walked ahead of me.

"I expected nothing less from you, but don't you think three book shelves is a bit much?" He asked looking through the large shelves taller than him with 6 rows of books in each.  

"You can never have too many books." I smiled stepping away from the room and in front of my dresser. A smirk landed on his face. Now that's a new facial expression. He swiftly towards me and I was against my dresser. 

"Your father said that we would be perfect for one another." He started off playing my curly hair and moving it from my face.  Of course, that's what he said, I wanted to slam my knee to where the sun doesn't shine but I was to lie if I said I wasn't afraid. One of his hands went to my waist and the other brushed against my cheek. 

"Did he now, that really doesn't sound like him." I breathed out. His eyes were half lid and he inched closer to my face.  I turned my head to the side not wanting him any closer. 

"Come on Kate your father said is was ok." I flicked my head back.

"My name is Miss Johnson to you and I don't care what my father says to you. It's my feelings that count." I said raising my voice, this made his take a small step back from me. He smiled yet again and stared at me looking even more aroused.

"I'll keep that in mind Miss Johnson, but for now." He moved all the way towards me and our lips crashed. There was a knock on the door. Even so, maids were only allowed to enter when told. He held my wrists tight this just as much as my lips. I bit his lip so he parted from me. 

"Please come in," I spoke quickly, the maid opened the door looking almost stumped for words.

"Umm.....Mr Samuel your father wanted to speak with you." He glared at the maid and groaned moving away from me and walked past both me and the maid. She looked at me worried because of the few tears streaming down my face. 

"Would you like me to inform your father about what happened?" She asked but I shook my head.

"Just tell him and Mr Samuel that I don't feel well and that I went to bed." She nodded and shut the door. I made sure to lock the door in case Mr. Samuel gets the wrong idea about the message.  I turned back and noticed that my model ship had fallen to the ground and the mast had snapped. Letting out a shaky breath and picking up the ship I watched as something silver came out of the mast. 

"Whats this?" I slightly sniffed putting the ship back onto the dresser. a Thin slender with markings of swirls around it. I picked up the mast and tried my best to put it back together, just as I picked up the slender  I heard a knock on the door again. I assumed it was Mr. Samuel and went over the other side of my room. I thought he might have gotten a key from one of the maids. Think Kate and hide. I slid myself under the bed and I heard someone tinkering on the lock. What is he doing? I thought but the door was quietly opened and a man with a beard came into the room, followed by an older looking man. I watched as they went over to my dresser and picked up the ship. 

"We've gotten what we came for now let's go." The one with the glasses and beard said. I looked at the cylinder in my hand. Is is what there talking about? I opened it while still under the bed and found a scroll. My eyes went straight to the door. When they find out this isn't in the mast they'll be back. I crawled out from under my bed and went to get changed. 

(one of these along with a coat)

I was about to go for the door but decided against it. I need to find another way out, they might find me and I really don't want to draw attention to myself with all the people downstairs. Going for my window I looked down at the two-story drop to the ground and then to the side of my window. vines held up by wooden netting. This was my ticket out. Putting the cylinder in my pocket I  grabbed onto the wood hoisting myself out of the room and made my way down. Great by the time I make it down I'll look like a shrub. I thought as some leaves covered my face. I jumped the last little bit and ran over to the nearby trees. I could hear the light sound of my door being opened but by who I'll never know.