Chapter 6

Previously 

"A bit harsh much?" I said following him, not able to respond a man came from around the corner holding a silver plate with one bottle of whiskey on it, that was before he dropped it seeing Tintin and me. He punched Tintin in the gut and wrapped his hands around Tintin's neck. I grabbed the stick off Tintin and hit the man against the head, this gave Tintin enough time to punch the man in the face and I elbowed the man in the face before he could run into me. The two continued to wrestle until they made it back to the same door that opened to show the 'captain' who just punched the man in the face and then slamming the door against him as well.

"Thanks," Tintin said out of breath. 

Present time 

"I'm Tintin by the way." He said shaking the 'Captains' hand. 

"And I'm Kate Johnson." I also shook his hand. forgetting about the unconscious man on the floor of the room. 

"Haddock. Archibald Haddock." He said strongly shaking my hand. Making my eyes go wide. He can't be? Me and Tintin made eye contact. We both were thinking the same thing that was for sure. 

"There's a longboat up on deck, follow me." Haddock said putting on his hat. My eyes followed him as he walked out. 

"Wait a second. Did you say, Haddock?" Tintin said for the both of us. 

"You took the words right out of my mouth." I grinned at him following Haddock out into the hall. We need to keep going, by now Sakharine knows where loose somewhere in the ship. The two of us followed the Captain down the hall, this time not getting stopped by any men along the way. 

"What have you found out?" Tintin asked me. I looked from down the hall to him.

"Most likely the same amount as you, you are the same person from the library yesterday right?" I said and he nodded. 

"I thought you looked familiar." He said with a smile. We made it to a door and Haddock opened it without hesitation. This guy knows every corner of this ship. 

"We have to reach the locked door at the end of this corridor," Haddock said pointing down the hallway. Snowy continued to sniff ahead while me and Tintin walked behind the Captain. 

"You wouldn't happen to be related to the Haddocks of Marlinspike Hall, would you?" I said stepping forward to the drunken captain to hear what he has to say. Haddock turned to me and then Tintin spoke up.

"It's for a story I've been working on." He said. Haddock had already looked down the hallway where men were walking past, he quickly moved across hoping not to draw attention to himself or us. 

"An old shipwreck that happened off the coast of Barbados," I said continuing the conversation to make sure he understood what we were talking about. 

"A man o'war. Triple masted. Fifty guns." Tintin said after me as the captain gestured for us that is was safe to come across. Tintin went first and was hit against the wall by him. 

"What do you know of the Unicorn?" He spoke almost as he was offended by us speaking about it. I went across not rally knowing if I should do something about the position Tintin was in. 

"Not a lot. That's why I'm asking you." Tintin said being slightly confused about why he was against the wall. I looked down the hall and the other hallway we crept across. We can't stay in the same spot for long. 

"The secret of that ship is known only to my family!" Haddock stepped back from Tintin, but still had a hold on his shirt. 

"It's been passed down from generation to generation. My granddaddy himself, with his dying breath, told me the tale." Haddock said looking back at the memory.