chapter 13

After flying for almost a day and a half we made it to our destination. The same place we started, I could see the dock coming up.

"Why are we back here?" I asked to no one in particular. Haddock was asleep as well as the two top hat men in the back. I shook my head and sat down waiting for Tintin to land the plane. As soon as we landed police were already waiting for Sakharine's arrival. As the ship went to port the police, Tintin and I waiting on a nearby building while Haddock had Sacarhirne's car connected to a crane. It was quite funny to hear him shouting, I laughed to myself. Tintin chuckled at me for a moment.

"Caught him like a rat in a trap," Tompson said looking pleased with himself. 

"Congratulations, gentlemen. He's all yours." Tintin said agreeing with them with a smile.

"Yes! We also have an arrest warrant issued by both Interpol and the FBI." Tompson went on as we all watched the car being brought over to us. 

"Your friend who got shot..." 

"Barnaby." I didn't know what they were talking about, it must have been something that happened before I met him. By the time I went out of my day dream the car was placed on the rooftop. 

 "Sakharine?" The two men said at the same time. Me and Tintin both leaned over to see where the man was. 

"That's Mr. Sakharine to you." I was shocked to hear him in the front of the car but even more so when I saw the gun in his hand.  Tintin stood in front of me as we both put our hands up. "Hold it," Sakharine said now pointing the gun at the front of the car to another police officer. 

"Look out!" I turned my head to the crane and the car was swung into the side of the building. 

"Allan! Allan, get me down!" I heard Sakharine shout out. Oh no this is not good. 

"What? Not that way! Not that way, you fool, the other way!" We all just stood down on the building watching as the car was swung about. I could see him jump from the car into the next crane. My eyes went wide and we all ran to the edge of the roof as the two cranes moved closer together. 

"Miss Johnson get back," Tintin said holding my arm to move me away from the colliding cranes.

"I think after what has happened throughout the past days you can call me Kate," I said still watching the cranes. I gasped as the car swung into Sakharine's machine and made the metal bar hit across the rooftop we were on.

"Duck!" I shouted as we all ran away from the staircase. Going into a sprint as I opened the door. Almost getting trampled by the lines the cranes were on, I was pulled back by Tintin. Grabbing my hand he ran with me along the road.

"Look out!" We heard the two men shout from behind us. Ducking in time before a bunch of crates hit our heads it few up to Haddocks Crane. My eyes went wide as the contents inside started to fall back down. Running away from under the machine I could hear gunshots behind us. Could this get any worse? We were making a good amount of distance from us and the battle but Tintin stopped, I turned back and watched as haddock's 'Ship' went down. 

"We must go help the Captain." I sat running next to Tintin and he nodded. Here we go. Making it to the base of the Karaboudjan Tintin walked ahead to make sure no one was around. 

"Come on." He said waving me to follow him. Snowy walked beside me as we boarded the ship. We needed to make it up the stairwell to make it to the top of the ship and in time to help Haddock. I hope he's good at stalling. I could hear someone down the hall. We turned around and went to the next exit door. The cold air hit my skin, Turning my head up I could see the stair that leads to where Haddock and Sakharine were. Hearing the sounds of bottles smashing I cocked an eyebrow. Wonder what's happening? Grabbing my hand Tintin and I walked quietly up the stairs and that when I laid my eyes on Sakharine holding a match to the scrolls. Haddock held a bottle in his hand that I knew he wanted the throw. 

"The legend says only a Haddock can discover the secret of the Unicorn, but it took a Rackham to get the job done. So you've lost again, Haddock." I felt sorry for Haddock he's lost a lot throughout these past few days. I touched a metal bar next to me so I could get closer. Looking at it I saw a rope. I quickly started untying it.

"That's right. Why don't you have a drink? That's all you've got left, isn't it?" I tapped Tintin's Shoulder and held out the rope for him to grab, he knew what to do.

 "Everything that was rightfully yours is now mine. Including this ship." just after saying that Tintin swung over to Sakharine and grabbed the Scrolls leaving him with a dumbfounded face I have ever seen. I almost broke into tears laughing quietly to myself. quickly running down the stairs while they were distracted by Tintin I walked up to Haddock. Tapping his shoulder he looked at me. 

"Remember me," I said punching him square in the face.

"Hey, I wanted to do that!" Haddock said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Be my guest," I said moving aside so he could also punch him in the face. This knocked Sakharine off the ship, I heard him scream. I looked down and then Haddock kicked off the bottle of whiskey to Sakharine's head.

I looked back at Tintin and shook my hand because of the pain. It hurts punching someone in the face. He smiled at me and snowy stood by him also looking happy. Walking over to him along with Haddock I waited to know what was going to happen next. Standing Next to Tintin he moved the three scrolls against the morning sun. 

"Do you see?" He said to me and Haddock looking closely at the scrolls

"Blistering barnacles, they're coordinates," Haddock said staring at the bottom of the scrolls showing the coordinates to the treasure 

"It took all three scrolls to form the numbers," I said with my eyes filled with excitement 

 "Latitude and longitude. That is it. That's the location of the treasure." Haddock said Tintin put down the scrolls and tried to shake Haddock's hand, but Haddock just grabbed the two of us into a tight hug. 

"We did it!" We all shouted. Haddock pulled away and then pushed me into Tintin.

"Go on Laddie, give your girl a kiss." I went in shock and blushed. I didn't know what to say.

"How many times do I need to tell you I'm not..." My sentence was immediately stopped when I felt a pair of lips on mine. I was surprised at first but soon accepted the kiss and kissed back.

"You are now." I heard Haddock laugh out clapping his hands together.