Chapter 5

I groaned if I didn't have a headache before I definitely have one now. I could hear the sound of waves as if I was on a ship. I tried moving my hands but they were bound, a light hung above me swinging from side to side, I must be on a ship. 

"It's not here, look your side." There were two older men having a conversation, next to me. They were going through someone's pockets. Looking for something. 

"I've looked that one already, I'm sure of it." They didn't seem to be the brightest pair. I was still trying to fully wake up. If my parents found out what I got myself into. I almost cringed at the thought. 

 "Have you found it?" It was that man, I wanted to punch his face and knock off that stupid pair of glasses he has and I don't care if it's un-lady like. 

"It's not here, boss." That bloody idiot doesn't know what's coming to him, but neither do I. Why am I here? I mean they must already have the scroll that was in my pocket. 

  "Where is what?" The person spoke that I now knew was a boy, I fully opened my eyes, he's the same guy from the library and the market, my eyes slightly went wide. It's a small world after all. The man in the red coat hit the metal bars sending me to jump through my skin, I hadn't fully woken yet and the noise hurt my ear drums.  

"I'm tired of your games. The scroll from the Unicorn." The man stepped into the cage that seemed pointless to me, where could we go? and the doors opened anyway. " A piece of paper, like this." He brought out a piece of paper, that I knew was mine.

"That's mine." I suddenly spoke up pulling on my hands that were tied against the metal bars. " I would appreciate if you gave it back." I continued. The four of them looked at me and the man bent down. 

"You don't seem to understand the situation your in Miss Johnson, being tied down like this. You can't stop me." I glared at him before kicking him in the knee. He took a step back being caught by one of the two idiots. 

"And you don't understand who I am." I resorted, sure my parents couldn't care less about me but if it came down to it they would find me..... For their reputation. 

"Oh indeed I do, your Kate Johnson the youngest of your wealthy family, people would pay a good price to get you back." I squinted my eyes at him. 

"Whatever your looking for is most likely more than whatever my family would pay." He nodded and the cane he was holding was like a sheath because opening it a sword drew. 

"How much have you found out?" He questioned me, great now I'm in an interrogation. 

"What is there to find?" I questioned him back. He ignored me and went back to the boy. Something indeed is wrong with this, why did Samuel have to like me. I mentally hit myself. He moved the scroll in front of the boy with orange hair. 

" I don't have the scroll." He said calmly, almost as if this happens normally for him. That's an exciting lifestyle.  

"You know the value of that scroll, why else would you take it?"

  "Two ships Two scrolls. Both part of a puzzle.You have one, need the other. That's not it, there's something else?" He rumbled to himself, did he not work out the poem like I did? I watched as the man leaned against the metal bar above the boys head. Removing the sword from near his face.

"I will find it, with or without your help. you need to think about exactly how useful you are to me." It was daunting, to say the least.  He glanced my way and idiot one with the blue sweater and hat put the cover back onto the man's cane or sword. 

"And we'll find out how much you're worth by morning." He said with almost no expression. The three of them walked out of the room, shutting the door behind them. Assuming they locked it as well. The boy turned to me, I guess it's time for introductions.