chapter 11

After finding out about the concert I was dragged out to find something more suitable to wear because I wasn't in the right clothing and I would stand out more than everyone else. I sighed wiping down my dress looking at the opening area. 

Even with this dress I still stand out with it being short, but it was the best thing we could find

Even with this dress I still stand out with it being short, but it was the best thing we could find. I spun back around to Tintin and Haddock. 

"Here. I want you to look after this." Tintin said looking away from the entrance holding out the scroll we have to Haddock. "What are you doing?" Haddock backed away from Tintin drawing attention to the three of us. 

"Me?" He said continuing the back away from Tintin and me. 

"Yes," Tintin whispered back to him. 

"Are you sure? why not give it to Kate." Haddock said unsurely still backing away. 

"If were caught, I don't want them to find this on me or Miss Johnson." He said stepping towards Haddock.  "Look, just keep it hidden." Tintin grabbed his hand and put the scroll in it. 

"I will guard this with my life!" Haddock said going down onto his knees, I laughed slightly at Tintin's trust. 

"Get up! Get up!" He said picking Haddock off the ground. I went to walk off but Tintin locked his arm with mine. Looking back he just merely said. "It will draw less attention to us." I nodded and we made our way to the main hall. 

------------------

After we were sat in our seats it was only moments later did the famous opera singer come out. 

 "It's her!" Haddock said seeming to be more excited than I thought he would be. He doesn't seem to be the type to love opera singing. She walked onto the stage and Tintin who sat next to me was only focused on the ship far away from us on the other side of the open hall.  At the wave of the Sheikh's hand, the Milanese Nightingale started her performance. 

"Blistering barnacles!" The captain started to block his ears with his fingers from the singing. "What's that noise?"  Both me and Tintin rolled our eyes continuing the watch the show. 

"My ears, they're bleeding." He seemed so worried about his non-bleeding ears. I sighed at his reaction. 

"No, they're not," I said whispering to him, slightly annoyed at the fact he's over reacting. He then went onto hitting his head against the chair in front of him making everyone turn around wondering what was wrong with him. 

"Captain," Tintin said looking across from the chair he was sitting at to Captain. Snowy then started freaking out as well. This is going so well, I thought to myself as Tintin looked down to Snowy.  "Shut up, Snowy." He whispered to his dog under his chair. After Haddocks few more cries he stood from his chair. 

"Oh, Columbus, it's every man for himself!" I stared at him pulling my legs in for him to run past me. "Make way." He said making his way through the crowded group of chairs. "Make way! Medical emergency." I watched him run out but was impressed by the fact he was able to remove a cloth from a table without knocking anything else with it. As the show went on nothing was out of the ordinary. Tintin was looking off to the side at something so I turned that way and saw Sakharine on an upper level. 

"Oh, no!" I said understanding that the plan was to smash the glass with her voice. She was able to smash through wine glasses. Tintin and I stood up at the same time. The glass smashed and the bird in Sakarines hand took flight. 

"The Falcon! Snowy, after him!" Tintin shouted at the dog, Snowy ran away knowing what to do. Everyone was running around freaking out. 

"Tintin! Tintin!" This is just getting worse. I thought as I watched Haddock waving his hand around in the air. 

"Those three! There! They're here to steal your ship!" Sakarine shouted out pointing as me and Tintin. I looked around frantically to the men behind us aiming guns at us. 

"No, no, no, no, no, we're not!" Tintin said grabbing my hand and walked me over away from the men behind us. 

"Arrest him! The ugly one!" The Sheikh yelled pointing at haddock. 

"Who, me?" Haddock seemed quite offended by the man's comment. This only made me laugh slightly forgetting what was happening to me right now.   People ran in front of both me and Tintin making it hard to get back over to the Captain, Tintin grabbed my hand to help the both of us make it through. I could just see that Sakharine was able to get the scroll while the commotion was going on. As we both made it through the crowd Captain was punching a bunch of men getting them off him. 

"Captain!" Tintin shouted pushing his way past the last two men in the way.

"Sakharine's got the scroll!" Tintin said as we made it out from the open space to follow Sakharine. The captain followed quickly behind us. 

"It's worse than that." The captain said with a guilty looking expression planted on his face. 

"What do you mean?" I said as we continued to walk out. Haddock walked faster in front of the two of us. 

"They took your scroll, Tintin. It's gone." He spoke putting his hand over his forehead covering his face. Tintin stopped and looked surprised this even happen, as was I.

"How? What happened?" Tintin said still rushed for an answer. 

"It was Allan. He knobbled me in the garden, and then there was a bottle of alcohol and..." He said passing back and forth not really making a full sentence. 

"There always is," Tintin said then walking forward and I followed with him. But the captain stopped him holding his forearm. 

"No, no! No, not like that." He tried to redeem himself, I sighed there is not point in lying in a situation like this. 

"I can smell it on you," Tintin said pulling himself away from the Captain. he looked sad as the two of us walked away from him. We came out to the main gate like before and people were still running around. After making it down the stairs Tintin spotted a motorbike and punch the guy about to ride it. I flinched, I guess Haddock really got him started up. 

"Tintin, Kate! Where are you going?" I turned back and Haddock was running down the stone steps down to us. 

"We're going after Sakharine," Tintin said suddenly pulling me over to the bike before I was able to sit in the extra seat attached Haddock jumped in. I sighed and sat behind Tintin knowing there was no time for an argument. This is going to get messy