Chapter 1

Kate Johnson. That's me, I come from a wealthy family. My long curly brown hair goes past my chest I spend most of my time trying to keep it from covering my eyes. My pale skin matches perfectly with my emerald green eyes.
But  My parents are head over heels for my older sister and I'm just in the background, not that they care that I'm around or not.
I sighed stepping out of the library with a new book to read 4.50 from Paddington. Grabbing a paper on the way out I walked down the misty street. A small crowd walked in front of me, quickly I went to the other side of the street to a small farmers market. I come here a lot because of all the little nick nacks you can find. Stopping at a stall with some necklaces I smiled looking at one in particular.

"Aaaa you have a good eye." I glanced up at the sales man.

"How much?" I asked. Picking up the necklace before he could respond someone bumped into me.

"Sorry miss." An English man said wearing blue, he looked a little rough around the edges. My thoughts stopped when spotting a white dog. Curiosity filled me and I placed back the necklace back onto the stall practically ignoring the sales man. Following the dog for a bit wondering where it was going, the small white dog stopped at a group of mirrors, kneeling down the dog barked.

"Are you lost?" I said to the small dog patting it. A smile landed on my face as I continued the pat the white furred dog. Barking again the dog licked my hand making me let out a small giggle.

"Snowy." I heard someone call. I didn't turn around I just stood up and walked away. Assuming that snowy was the name of the dog. It was almost mid day. I knew I had to get home before the dinner party tonight. Forgetting about that necklace from the stall I made my way to the other side of the market. A car stopped in front of me.

"Miss Johnson." I turned to see my driver/ friend Timothy. He's about the only person who understands me.

"Yes, Timothy?" I said not moving from the spot I stood leaning forward with my new book place behind my back held by my two hands.

"Your parents want you home to get ready for tonight." I rolled my eyes at him starting to walk ahead. But he slowly moved the car next to me again.

"Miss Johnson you know what happened last time you came late." I sighed at his comment and I bet the same thing will happen this time.

"Yes, Timothy but do you know the last time I had any enjoyment it a dinner party?" He chuckled slightly to himself.

"I could not recall such a time Miss Johnson," I smirked and started to walk off but he moved the car towards me once again.

"But your parents insisted upon it." I mentally screamed to myself and got into the car.

"Only because your the only one to let me have any freedom," I mumbled gritting my teeth slightly. The drive home was quite but for the passing cars zooming past. The house came to view and I sighed looking at it. Why do we need a 50 bedroom house if theirs only four of us? Timothy got out of the car and opened my door for me.

"Why thank you, Tim," I said jumping out from the car. I could see my father from the second-floor window. He's not happy I see. Timothy also looked up at father.

"We all need to face our demons, Miss Johnson." He said patting my shoulder then walking ahead of me to open the door.

"Just because we face them doesn't mean we win Tim," I mumbled.

"That doesn't mean you don't try." He said gesturing inside. I sighed.

"You have a positive outlook on life." Walking me up to my father's office that we saw before and Timothy turned the handle.

"I hope to see you alive Miss Johnson." He whispered out with a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes once again. 

"Me too Tim," I spoke as the door opened. Timothy put his hands behind his back as we stared face to face with my demon, my father.