Chap. 4 The Tables are Turning

Warnings: mild language Also be prepared for the BEGININGS of AKITO X TOHRU!

Tohru's POV.

I'll admit I was BEYOND nervous, and even more so surprised. I was making some rice balls and tea for the guest when Akito walked in. Even though I was nervous I almost burst out laughing at the stunned look on his face. 'Wow mom, I guess even Akito gets surprised some times, and I shouldn't laugh, but gosh mom the look on his face… Priceless!'

I wonder what he could have been expecting in here. Wonder what else one would expect to find in a kitchen other than someone cooking? Seeing Akito with an expression on his face, instead of that awful cold mask, made him seem more human. Just seeing that look made me happy he stopped by, no matter what the reason for. I smiled at him. "Oh, uh, Akito. Hello. Uh, the snacks will be ready just a minute."

"Miss. Honda!" "Tohru!" Yuki and Kyo chorused from the doorway. Then they saw Akito and Yuki fainted again. That's the second time today! I hope he's feeling ok.

Later…Akito's Pov

After Tohru's snacks were finished being made and Yuki finally came out of a coma we sat down at the table in the living room. They all, even the cat, waited patiently for Shigure to explain my being here. Of course none of them said that but it was more than obvious.

My guess is that they were probably terrified. I mean I still had yet to punish Shigure and Yuki for acting against me. As far as they knew I wanted Tohru out of here and just plain hated the cat's guts. I began to sip my tea and Tohru nibbled on a rice ball. Kyo and Yuki just sat there waiting for the explanation. Then Shigure began.

"Well, I'll make this short and sweet. Akito here is going to be living with us!" he gave, what I guess for him, a good explanation. Wow the mix of emotions on all of their faces was amazing. Tohru looked… hmm… excited, worried, and something else I can't place. Kyo looked a combination of ready to scream and ready to hide. Yuki… had passed out again. I guess it's up to me to clarify.

"I am transferring to Kaibara at the beginning of the school year for my senior year. I am having a small house constructed on the edge of Shigure's property. Until it's ready I will be staying in a guest room here." I said in monotone. Honestly I should have known Shigure would be to chicken to tell them.

I finished my tea and a rice ball then went to straighten up my new room and prepare for school. I have never been to a school before it was sorta nerve racking, with no clue what to expect. Eh… Whatever. I'd seen Kaibara before when visiting (or more threatening when ya think about it) Yuki. Before I could bother thinking about it too much I fell asleep.

Monday (Akito's Pov.)

RING! Ugh. I sat up. What fucking idiot is trying to wake me up already! Oh, wait. That's my alarm. I have school today. Ugh. I threw the covers off me and turned off the stupid alarm. Stupid uniforms. Oh, well at least it was black. I was about to put on my shirt when my door opened. "Tohru."

"Oh, ah, Sorry!" she quickly left and shut the door. Shrugging that off I finished buttoning my shirt and put on my pants.

As I went down the stairs I could hear Shigure boasting. Figures. Seems he never shuts up, but does he really have to be so loud. What am I thinking of course he does. Loud is his only volume. (well that and extremely loud.) I headed into the kitchen for breakfast. Where he was "talking" to Tohru.

" Can you believe Kyo and Yuki actually left for school EARILY and TOGETHER and WITHOUT FIGHTING! Maybe Akito coming here will be a good thing after all."

Although he said it might be because of me he sure made it sound like he had actually intended for it to happen. Selfish dog. Tohru smiled as she finished packing her lunch and spoke. "I think so, too."