The Talk

🐟🐟🐟

Tyler and a very nervous Josh slowly walked into the living room where Mark and Brendon stopped talking to each other abruptly, gazing at them

"Let's sit down  and just talk about this alright?" Tyler said and felt Josh's hand clutch his, squeezing it tightly. It almost hurt, but he didn't care. Brendon and Mark sat on the sofa, Josh and Tyler taking the love seat.

"Is he really....ya know...got a tail?" Brendon asked slowly trying to find the words to say.

Josh swallowed nervously, not looking at them. "Y-yeah."

"How is that even possible?" Mark asked this time.

"You've heard of mermaids right? Well Josh is a merman." Tyler said and both boys across from him raised their eyebrows.

"No freaking way." Brendon said and Tyler could feel Josh physically tense up beside him.

"You're doing so well Josh." Tyler whispered into Josh's ear and the pink haired boy relaxed a bit finally glancing at Brendon and Mark.

"And we thought you were just weird before." Mark chuckled and Tyler glared at him. "Sorry I didn't mean it like that." He backpedaled.

"No it's alright." Josh said a faint smile showing at the curves of his mouth.

"You guys can't tell anyone." Tyler said sternly. "Like they can wipe your memory and shit if they find out you know."

"Woah what?" Mark asked shocked. "They?"

"My family." Josh said softly and they both just nodded a bit. Tyler didn't want to tell them more than they had to.

"So, how's sex with a fish boy?" Brendon smirked and Josh hid his face in Tyler's shoulder blushing a furious shade of red.

"Dude he's amazing for someone with a tail half the time." Tyler grinned and Josh smacked Tyler's arm. "Ow! Oh, sorry." He chuckled lightly.

"Tyler what are you gonna do when we have to go back home?" Mark asked and Tyler's face fell.

Home. He had forgotten that summer vacation didn't last forever. Eventually he'd have to go home and start college.

"Y-you're leaving?" Josh asked his voice cracking slightly.

"I don't know." Tyler said honestly. With everything that happened he began wondering if he should even return home. His family certainly didn't want him there, despite what they said over the phone out of politeness.

"Dude you're seriously thinking about staying?" Brendon asked and Tyler nodded.

"I don't want to leave him." Tyler said and felt Josh's hand tighten around his.

"After summer though you can't live here, it's too expensive for just one person." Mark said and Tyler sighed. He was right.

"You can stay at our house." Josh said quietly and Tyler looked at the pink hue.

"What about your family?" Tyler asked. Josh played with Tyler's fingers as he spoke.

"They're going back home, our real home. We can stay and run the flower shop." Josh said looking at Tyler and seeing a smile across the brunette's face.

"Are you sure?" Tyler asked. "You love the water so much."

"I'll be alright. Besides it's not like I'll never go to the ocean." Josh smiled and Tyler kissed his forehead.

"I guess I better call my parents and tell them what's happening." Tyler grimaced at the thought of telling his parents he wasn't going to college and not coming home all because of a boy. They would call him stupid for wasting such a precious opportunity, but he didn't care. He would never see them again if he could help it.

"I'll be right back, don't pester my boyfriend too much." Tyler said walking towards his room to call his family.

"Stop poking my legs!" Josh yelled playfully as Brendon kept inspecting the pink haired boy.

"It's just crazy ya know? You read about these things but gosh that's so cool." Brendon grinned and Mark rolled his eyes.

"Alright let's leave the mythical being alone before he drowns you with his powers or something." Mark said tugging at Brendon's arm and chuckling.

"Do you have powers?" Brendon asked excitedly and Josh raised his hands making wiggly fingers.

"Don't make me use them on you!" Josh giggled. He didn't have any weird powers but Brendon didn't know that.

"Is your hair naturally pink?" Brendon asked still firing off questions.

"Yes this is my hair's color." Josh said running his fingers through it. Brendon went to touch it and Mark smacked his hand shaking his head.

They all laughed and then stopped when they heard shouting coming from Tyler's room and Brendon fiddled with his hands, Mark singing and crossing his arms. They'd been around Tyler's parents and knew they didn't really support his sexuality.

Josh slowly got up and walked to Tyler's door when the yelling stopped, hearing soft sniffling on the other side. He knocked gently and heard a stuffy come in.

Tyler was sitting on the bed, pressing his palms under his eyes and sniffing, trying to stop the tears from flowing.

"Ty?" Josh said softly sitting next to him and wrapping his arms around a crying Tyler.

"I'm okay baby just had a bad argument is all." Tyler sniffed one last time before clearing his throats and wiping a stray tear from his face. He smiled when Josh snuggled his head against his chest.

"It's okay to cry Tyler." Josh said still holding him and Tyler choked up again before turning to Josh and embracing him back, a fresh set of tears streaming down his face.

"Thank you." Tyler said his voice cracking slightly as he ran his hands through his lover's bubblegum pink hair.

"Don't listen to what your parents said, I love you." Josh said pulling back a little and planting a soft kiss on Tyler's nose.

Tyler smiled with tear stained cheeks and rested his forehead against Josh's.

"I love you too." Tyler said cupping Josh's face and running his thumb across his cheek.

"Kodak moment!" Brendon said as a flash went off at the door. "You two are so cute!"

"Cut it out Brendon!" Tyler laughed and Josh smiled as they all looked at the photo.

"Okay I guess we are pretty cute." Tyler said and kissed Josh's cheek.

******
a/n: after typing baby so much I watched markiplier play cards against humanity and all I can think of is "HEYYYY BABY"