This Is Not What I Had Planned

a/n: sad chapter and important note at the end

💊💊💊

Two hours had passed and Debby was checking on Tyler silently, making sure his skin wasn't beginning to prune like it did last time

Two hours had passed and Debby was checking on Tyler silently, making sure his skin wasn't beginning to prune like it did last time. The bad thing was that it looked worse, probably because he was still recovering.

They couldn't stay down here much longer, but how was Josh supposed to get by the guards while holding a giant bag of the plants that they were supposed to be guarding?

They couldn't wait it out anymore

Suddenly Tyler leaned closer to Debby, whispering in her ear and she swallowed. She didn't want to do it but there really wasn't any other way.

A diversion

Debby would distract the guards and book it to her territory as fast as she could. The only thing she would be accused for is trespassing, since the guards could see from chasing her that she didn't steal anything. Just get to her territory, that's all she has to do.

Tyler gave her a small hug before she slowly slithered out from behind the rock into the guard's line of sight.

"HEY! You can't be here!" Yelled a guard as Debby shot by them like a bullet, hightailing it out of there. They took the bait and began chasing Debby as fast as they could. As soon as they were far away enough, Josh appeared and looked around.

Tyler weakly waved from the rock. He had grown pale and his skin had goosebumps across it.

"We did it Tyler c'mon I gotcha." Josh encouraged, wrapping his arm around Tyler's waist and began swimming away as fast as he could. Tyler weakly kicked his feet trying to go faster. They finally surfaced and Josh helped Tyler back in the boat before throwing the net full of the glowing coral in.

Tyler was coughing a lot and it killed Josh that he couldn't get out and help him immediately, but he had to get this boat out of there. He grabbed the rope and swam as fast as he could back to the pier.

The sun was breaking over the horizon when they finally arrived back at the pier. Josh tied the boat up before practically throwing himself on the pier to dry off with the towels that they had left there. As soon as Josh pulled on a pair of swim trunks he picked up a limp Tyler from the boat. He looked worse than before.

"Tyler? Tyler baby come on speak to me." Josh said holding him in his lap as the brunette's eyes momentarily fluttered open, only for his eyes to roll to the back of his head and shut again.

Josh held Tyler as he began running the best he could with the unconscious brunette in his arms, the sand slowing him down. This was the only time he cursed having feet. Josh's eyes widened when he saw a woman jogging along the beach with her phone. It would be quicker than trying to make it back home.