Chapter.Seven. Why Me? Why Now?

Brianna's P.O.V

The warm summer breeze blows through my silky soft blonde hair. And that's what I'd say if we were in a cliché movie. We sitting under the gazebo mixing drinks and laugh while the guys play football and finish the alcohol.

I hear a dodge SRT engine roar in the driveway, I jump up and run there in my new all-black puma creepers. Nick slowly gets out of his car and puts his shades on. I kiss him and wrap my hand around his and guide him to the back yard.

He takes off his jacket and shades and greets the guys. He later joins them.

The day seemed perfect. I mean the sky was clear and no clouds like at all. There was a warm summer breeze and everyone was laughing and smiling.

Perfect.

We sit around the table and we all pray and thank the Lord for the meal we about to eat. The prayer is interrupted when we hear a car door slamming and a ton of footsteps walking our way. Nick grabs me and sets me slightly behind him and puts his arm in front of me.

This was highly unusual for us. But the guys stood up instantly like they knew what was going on from the minute they heard the car door slam. They took the knives from the table and held them firmly in their hands.

My heart fell to my tiny feet to see Charles Coulson come around the corner holding a gun in his hand. Charles is Charlie's father. Guess y'all knew that now.

I quickly turn to Charlie and hold her hand, tears start to fall from her eyes.

She feared this day and swore it would never arrive. She tightly holds my hand and smiles at me. I could see the heartbreak I could see the pain resurface for one last ride.

Charlie hides her fave behind Kristen's broad shoulders and says.

"What are you doing here dad?"

Her dad points the gun at Kristen, we all scream and wait for his response.

"I've come for you my daughter, I've found what you've been looking for."

I feel my heartache.

I feel her grip slowly fade away, as she steps out and looks at her dad.

"Put the gun down!!"

He continues to point it at Kristen, she stands in front of him and steadies herself.

She says again.

"Dad please lower your gun"

My tears start to fall as he refuses to put down his gun.

I look over to Charlie and step out to hold her hand. I look down to see her tightly grip it again.

This proved her actions were ill-planned and she was panicking on the inside and so was I. I mean look I just stepped in front of a gun.

He lowers his gun.

"I did it make sure your friends do it too."

The toss the knives on the table and step back.

He smiles.

I could swear he was sent here, nothing made sense, it's like he was guided here by something or someone.

I try to let words escape but I'm afraid whatever i say will come out as a stutter or it would not make sense.

I gather what's left of my balls and say.

"Your son and daughter have built a beautiful life here, you'd be cruel to take them away from where they belong."

Fine long years I've been waiting to tell the man that broke my cousin's heart that his a gigantic ass. Now I have the chance too.

"Oh, Brianna your mother would be very proud to see the young woman you've become."

My face turns red in anger.

"Do not speak of my mother."

Tears fall as a picture of my mom smiling pops into my head.

She was so young and beautiful, a risk-taker, and loved everything she did. She was confident and never looked back.

He laughs.

"You are All weak."

There go my balls, bye-bye...

A few goons pop out of the corner with guns in their hands. Nick, Chris, and Kristen pull out guns from their lower backs and point them at the goons.

My eyes widen in confusion.

This is bad.